★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games broken by iOS 10.3

03-27-2017, 08:33 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 306
Games broken by iOS 10.3

Please list them all.
Give us an idea of the casualties. ( here is a tissue)
Serious face, I am ready
03-29-2017, 08:29 AM
#2
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 2,692
Apple has included a new Settings pane in iOS 10.3 to easily check for installed 32-bit apps, and to see if there are updates available. To check, open Settings. Tap on General. Tap on About, and select Applications. This brings up a list of the installed apps that are 32-bit.
32 bit games still work on 10.3 but should be gone with ios11
so far I can report all games i have tried work fine, also since they upgraded the file system you should have more space post update

03-29-2017, 08:41 AM
#3
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 2,692
I did this and among the games listed as 32 bit was final fantasy tactics sure hope square updates it soon
CHRONO trigger and secret of mana are fine
03-29-2017, 09:15 AM
#4
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: NOVA
Posts: 63
Is Tactics all right Dailon80? Gotta know before I update.
03-29-2017, 09:39 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 2,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sildani View Post
Is Tactics all right Dailon80? Gotta know before I update.
works fine! when 11.0 hits it will be broken if not fixed
10.3 is fine its 11.0 that some will not want to update to
03-29-2017, 11:33 AM
#6
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
works fine! when 11.0 hits it will be broken if not fixed
10.3 is fine its 11.0 that some will not want to update to
Ok good to know
03-29-2017, 11:35 AM
#7
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 306
Xcom
Hard tales
Brand new boy
Those game are going to be broken by iOS 11
Man Xcom is gonna be a goner for sure.
And I forgot about strangers wrath

Last edited by ShelvsHotPencil; 03-29-2017 at 11:41 AM.
03-29-2017, 11:36 AM
#8
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Apple has included a new Settings pane in iOS 10.3 to easily check for installed 32-bit apps, and to see if there are updates available. To check, open Settings. Tap on General. Tap on About, and select Applications. This brings up a list of the installed apps that are 32-bit.
32 bit games still work on 10.3 but should be gone with ios11
so far I can report all games i have tried work fine, also since they upgraded the file system you should have more space post update
Ok thank's--- so is ios 11 the next update? Or are we going to get
10.4?
04-01-2017, 04:26 AM
#9
Street fighter IV bolt will be broken too, and even though I don't own it, I'm pretty sure Street fighter collection will also break on ios 11. Alien vs Humans is going to be updated according to developers, so that's a nice XCOM alternative that will work for sure on ios 11. AppShopper and the TA app will say bye bye too.

Does anyone know about SNK games? I'm interested in their Metal Slug and fighting games, but I won't buy them if they're not ready for ios 11. The problem is that until you try them, you don't know if they're ios 11 ready or not.
04-01-2017, 08:52 AM
#10
Yeah yeah I know I'm lazy but I took screenshots of the settings page with all the 32bit apps I have installed. They're not all games but most are.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3322.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	112849   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3323.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	112850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3324.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	135.4 KB
ID:	112851  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3325.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	112852