How do you organize your iOS backlog?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gquiller, Mar 28, 2017.

1. gquiller

gquiller Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I'm curious as I have too many games to get around to & memory space is running lower by the day. How do some of you organize those games you want to get around to playing?

I wish there was a program that allowed you to create a list of games you want to redownload later & give them a whirl.

I realize I can use excel or any other word processing type program, but it's a hassle to type each app individually unless you can do a copy & paste...

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated-Thx!

2. dancj

dancj Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Mostly I just keep them in an "Untried" folder. When my devices get too full and I absolutely have to uninstall something I haven't tried yet then I keep a list in a note.

3. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #3 JohnnyClash, Mar 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2017

Yep, I use google drive (Sheets).. I have about 400 games in my premium game list, and that does not count my wishlist, and FTP tabs.. I have lots of stats and data for each game.. No biggie for me.. I enjoy it, and reference it constantly..

If you find a nifty program though, let me know.. I'd be on it like cockroches on a honeybun..

4. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    I'd love to find a way that doesn't require writing down each game by name. I may screen cap each game before I delete and organize in a photos folder...:confused:

5. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    that may work..

6. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I used to be able to use the AppShopper app and for only the games I had downloaded by not played I didn't rate them any stars so that I could scroll through and they would stand out, but I don't think that works anymore....

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    Depends on how big your list would be, at the start it may not be that long but you'll hit a point where a list using the notes app with say 50 untried games on, will take up way less storage space than 50 screenshots.

8. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Keep your backlog smaller ;)
    No, seriously, that's how I do it. I keep less than 10 games on my "I want to buy this sometime" list, and also only 5-10 on my iPad that I am actively playing / want to play soon.
    And I clean both of those out regularly.

If I absolutely want to keep a game for future consideration, but it doesn't fit on the above anymore, I subscribe to the TA thread and use that as a reminder. I keep my thread subscriptions ~50 (and a lot of those are for historical reasons) , and clean them out regularly as well.

Anything else goes in the trashbin.

9. gquiller

Nov 15, 2011
    Some solid ideas...I think I'll do both the TA thread & write them in notes. Plus, I need to merely save my money & not have the size of backlog I have...it's embarrassing!!!

10. noteatino

noteatino Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Download AppZapp and make a list, I did that since a few years and it's a super efficient way because you can see the updates and you can go directly to the AppStore from there.