Input From Game Developers on Game Taxonomy

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Greendude123, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Greendude123

Greendude123 New Member

Mar 29, 2017
    Hello,

I’m a student at the Illinois Institute of Technology and I’m looking for your help. We are conducting an online research study to develop a measure of game experience, and we are currently looking for input from game developers on game definitions. I was hoping you would be willing to take part in the study by responding to our survey.

The survey should take no more than 15 minutes of your time, and your answers to the survey are fully confidential. There is no compensation for participation. I would be more than happy to provide you further details or answer any questions on this post.

The link to the survey is given below. Your participation would be immensely appreciated. You would be making a great contribution to science about videogames; in fact, this research may contribute to more effective game design and development because there are few holistic measures of game experience and a general lack of agreement on the "proper" way to classify games (as the notions surrounding game genres and types change across time, space, and culture). Thank you!

Link: https://iitresearchrs.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5pZK3z7ZkG9AQsZ

How would you go about classifying a game you developed?

Best,
    Green

2. Greendude123

Greendude123 New Member

Mar 29, 2017
    Thanks for your time!

Thanks to all who participated! We've stopped data collection, and gotten a lot of valuable feedback from you guys.

Despite the end of data collection, I'd still welcome any questions you may have about the study, or any input you guys have on game taxonomy.

Best,
    Green