★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Sequel to #1 puzzle game, KAMI

The calming yet addictive puzzle game is back!
With over 100 hand-crafted puzzles, Kami 2 takes you on a mind-twisting journey that combines logic and problem-solving.

Can you achieve perfection?
Flood each puzzle with a single color in as few moves as possible to claim a 'Perfect' sticker. But watch out for subtle new tricks and fiendish surprises.

Want even more?
Beat the global Daily Challenge, earn a winning streak and compare your scores to other players. Test yourself on thousands of user-generated puzzles, uploaded daily.

Get creative and take on the world.
Craft your own KAMI designs using the Puzzle Builder. Design and share your creations, send them to your friends and challenge the world to beat your score.

DonnyDJ76's comments:
Out now! ��������

03-29-2017, 03:42 PM
Downloaded Kami earlier to try and refresh myself a bit since it hasn't been touched in over two years. Sadly, it might not make it to future iOS (because it's 32-bit) without the necessary changes. I'm having fun with the sequel so far. I also love the icon so much I left it outside my backlog folders lol

03-30-2017, 03:18 AM
I saw it in "Out Now" and actually squealed. I woke the cat. A massive petting session will ensue as soon as the game downloads. Well, and after I play it a for a bit.
03-30-2017, 05:04 AM
Great great game!!!!! What a pleasure to finally play this one, but where can I pay to support them? No iap? No ads, no timer, no life system... this is a true premium but .... it's totally free? Oh well, thank you dev!
03-30-2017, 05:40 AM
Looks great! Does this one have cloud saves?
03-30-2017, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstout View Post
Great great game!!!!! What a pleasure to finally play this one, but where can I pay to support them? No iap? No ads, no timer, no life system... this is a true premium but .... it's totally free? Oh well, thank you dev!
There are hints as in-app purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboxhead View Post
Looks great! Does this one have cloud saves?
Kami 2 shows up under iCloud.
03-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Are there any other IAPs other than buying hints? The original KAMI has level packs so you need to buy the IAP to "unlock" the full game (though I am not sure if these packs were available originally at initial release).

Edit: There now appears a description to "unlock" full game with an IAP, so does it mean that there are locked levels?

Last edited by y2kmp3; 03-30-2017 at 12:16 PM.
03-30-2017, 12:12 PM
I'm through to level 87/114 in the included Journey levels, so a paywall seems unlikely at this point!

The level creator and access to community levels are free. It really does appear to be a super-generous, incredibly-well-made, free puzzler. The purchases I can find other than the hints are optional colour schemes in the level creator.

I've only found one Journey level so far that can be finished under par: Level 81.

Last edited by mr_bez; 03-30-2017 at 12:25 PM.
03-30-2017, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kmp3 View Post
Are there any other IAPs other than buying hints? The original KAMI has level packs so you need to buy the IAP to "unlock" the full game (though I am not sure if these packs were available originally at initial release).

Edit: There now appears a description to "unlock" full game with an IAP, so does it mean that there are locked levels?
I believe that's for folks who want access to later levels early. Otherwise, you unlock them 6 at a time by completing each page.

I never got into the first one, and this one does seem better made. But it starts to feel really same-y after just a little bit. Maybe it's the type of game you come back to every once in a while when you have a few min to kill instead of playing a lot in one sitting?

Also, if anyone needs help on earlier levels, I made a video:

And I now have the rest of the levels up here: http://www.appunwrapper.com/2017/03/...and-solutions/

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 04-03-2017 at 09:25 AM.
03-30-2017, 12:23 PM
Are you sure no ads?