Looking For New Games to Play

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Melaniipon, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Melaniipon

Melaniipon Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Storyteller
    South Carolina
    Hai hai!

So, I've been enjoying Looty Dungeon (which I'm waiting for another update since I'm sitton 50k+ gold), Potion Maker (a cute clicker game with event costumes), and Solitaire Kingdom (it's relaxing).

I'd like to have an RPG on my phone. Is there anything that doesn't have an automated battle system or has you collect heroes? And is super cheap, but preferably free? I have bought Doom RPG and Adventure Bar Story before, though I kept dying or getting stuck.

Postknight seemed interesting, but after awhile I couldn't get any further and just kept dying.

I suppose I'd like something not too difficult with a decent story/characters?

As a side note: Are there any GOOD free iSpy/Hidden Object games with good storylines? I feel like going back to my childhood. A lot of them seem the same.

Thanks!

2. Melaniipon

Melaniipon Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Storyteller
    South Carolina
    So um, no one has any suggestions...? :(

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    A bit late, but welcome to Toucharcade! Enjoy your stay, please hand in your sanity second door to the left, thank you for your cooperation ;)
    I got stuck at free+RPG, since all real RolePlayingGames I know have a pricetag. On the plus side, those don't have that silly hero collecting stuff, nor automated battles.
    If you are good with shelling out some bucks, just holler and I'll give you a list tomorrow or so.

If you mean "free games with RPG elements", I need to think a bit harder, since that's a very broad spec.

Don't know anything about hidden object games as I don't play those, sorry.

4. Melaniipon

Melaniipon Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Storyteller
    South Carolina
    How about... Anything less than $5?

Yeah, RPGs are kind of broad, heh. On the consoles/PC I like the Atelier games, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Dragon Age, Final Fantasy Tactics, Tactics Ogre, Hyperdimension Neptunia, etc. All these are on Wikipedia.

5. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #5 Nullzone, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    There's enough for you on iOS, even an FFTactics port with very bad UI ;) Pricetag is a different story, though. The good stuff is hard to come by under 5$. You pretty much have to wait for sales/pricedrops, as I guesstimate the average pricepoint somewhere around 9$/€ . Going free is even rarer. I've seen a handful for launch day/week and anniversaries (e.g. "1 year on Appstore", "major version update X"), but that's pretty much it.

Too tired now to link to other posts - let alone compile a list - so I'll be lazy and toot my own horn at the same time ;) :
    Google "rpg recommendation nullzone site:forums.toucharcade.com" . It leads to maybe half a dozen great threads where a lot of folks from all over TA recommended both RPGs and strategy/tactics games, including yours truly.
    But no, I don't recommend Banner Saga (second search result for me).

6. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yeah, free is the sticking point. Even $5 won't get you much from Square Enix.

Based on your FF Tactics and Tactics Ogre fondness, try Tactics Maiden. It's free to try, then a $4.99 full unlock.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    How about these? I highly recommend each one:

Evoland - Not as long as most traditional RPGs, but i highly recommend playing it. It's a mix of Zelda games and Final Fantasy games for the most part, and the difficulty isnt as steep too, and has you going through the history of RPG gaming.
    Symphony of the Origin - More of a traditional JRPG with a good story and characters.
    Teeny Titans - has you collecting heroes, but doesnt require an arm and a leg for each one.

Each one should be less than $5, and only Origin has some "can-be-ignored IAPs."