★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The TETRACORP megacorporation is occupying several areas over the planet suppressing the villages, taking over their resources, and controlling every single communication. A new resistance has born and its time to eradicate this menace.

Are you the hero the human race needs?

TRY THE NEW ZOMBIE EVENT! KILL THE UNDEAD AND BE A HERO!

- Winner of the "BEST IN SHOW: AUDIENCE CHOICE AWARD" at the INDIE PRIZE in Berlin 2017 -

COVER FIRE FEATURES

- The FIRST game to take advantage of the new 3D-TOUCH CONTROL. A pioneer control that brings you a UNIQUE immersive SENSATION. Connect directly your finger to the trigger. PRESS and SHOOT!

- HD graphics with detailed scenes, full of particles and grapeshot. DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS. Everything interact with the player.

-Move like a real veteran soldier thanks to an ORIGINAL and immersive cinematic. Engross yourself in a frenetic and dynamic adventure with NON STOP ACTION.

-Face the battle from different perspectives. Alternate among your mercenaries in REAL-TIME, find the ultimate combination.

- Supply yourself with a HUGE real-captures-based ARMAMENT. Faithful mechanics and characteristic sounds of each gun.

-Set up your AVENGERS squad with their unique skills. Choose diverse roles. Unlock new EPIC characters. Have you ever seen an inflatable dinosaur on the battlefield?

Hear the calling. Set your team of mercenaries. Start the journey to battle, prelude of the biggest war the earth has ever seen so far. Soon, you will realize that the investigations in Tetracorp goes further than simple totalitarianism. The discovery of a new material, the element 115, it can decide the fate of the mankind and it can not fall in the wrong hands.

In Cover Fire you will be the hero in charge of set an end to this potential holocaust. Lead your squad of avengers through sieged cities, inhospitable deserts and fields taken by guerrillas, and defeat diverse kind of enemies in the game with the biggest graphic and armament unfolding available on iOS.

The ultimate war experience. Totally intuitive controls designed to create an entirely immersive sensation. Taking advantage of the new Force Touch to offer a unique feeling. Take cover, aim, press and eliminate this hazard.

As the leader of the rebellion, you will face the rough army of the enemy corp: Implacable elite soldiers, lethal special units, mechanical experiments with impenetrable shields Take the control of the situation, deal with the conflict as a real war machine. Become the legend of this rebellion.

Will you be able to annihilate all the enemies in this bloody battle?

- Absorbing story mode based on the original Cover Fire comic, with more than 60 missions and challenging showdown with the platoon bosses. Eradicate the menace of Tetracorp and lead an uprising. Many chapters with hundreds of possibilities and hours of gameplay.

- Simple and intuitive controls. Immerse yourself easily in the action. Use the 3D-Touch technology and feel an entirely new experience unique in the shooter games environment. Press the screen, pull the trigger!

- Upgrade the skills of every member of your team. Increase their abilities, make them faster, stronger, more lethal. Equip them with the best guns and gears. Level up your hero squad y drive them to victory.

Will you be able to annihilate all the enemies in this bloody battle?

*IMPORTANT* CoverFire requires iPad 4 (or newer), iPhone 5s (or newer), or iPod touch (5th Generation).

VISIT US:

https://www.facebook.com/CoverFireGame/
http://generagames.com

DeCeOnline's comments:
We are launching the game globally today! It's already available on both iOS and Android platforms. I would be more than happy to read valuable feedback.

Thanks!
03-31-2017, 10:36 AM
The characters in this are freaking diverse. You have these serious mercenaries and then a freaking T. rex or small kid for example. Haha

03-31-2017, 11:05 AM
I've been beta testing this for a while and it's REALLY good. I normally hate almost all F2P mechanics, but this is generous and the graphics & gameplay are exciting enough to make me overlook them. I still wish it was premium especially for the campaign mode, but it's a great game and very challenging
03-31-2017, 11:11 AM
Everyone knows what I'm going to say.

What I don't understand is I went to the store to see if I could buy a way out of the energy system and I don't really understand the advanced premium member thing for $2.99. It says infinite energy but is that 7 hours a day or 7 hours and that's it? I don't understand what the tickets and all that are for.

I really liked the gameplay but I'm not investing money or time if I can't play when I want. I will just write the devs and then move on.

Billy
03-31-2017, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post

What I don't understand is I went to the store to see if I could buy a way out of the energy system and I don't really understand the advanced premium member thing for $2.99. It says infinite energy but is that 7 hours a day or 7 hours and that's it? I don't understand what the tickets and all that are for.

I really liked the gameplay but I'm not investing money or time if I can't play when I want. I will just write the devs and then move on.

Billy
Take it as it means it, you get boosts for either 1 hour or 7 hours. You will see each package has VIP bonus which goes towards your VIP. Now with each VIP being time limited also unless you really splash out and get the unlimited VIP (which to be honest doesn't look worth it).

EA mobile Game Changer member + Streamer on touchgameplay
03-31-2017, 01:23 PM
Good but......

The game does look nice you cant fault it for that.

Coverfire is not a FPS but more a ARPG. Each campaign mission you complete and depending on the stars you get you can open rewards which can be either money or cards. Once you have enough set cards you then able to upgrade it giving you boost thats linked to that cover, such as your cover can take more damage.

There is the option of getting cards faster by opening chests. These are your typical common, rare and epic chests routine we all seen before in ARPG.

As you will have read on the TA page the game supports force touch. So in theory the idea is a quick hard press you be able to come out of cover and fire. Thats not how it comes across with me, it still felt i had to press and hold to take the shot, maybe if i change the sensitivity.

Also force touch is not limited to right side of the screen where you be using your right finger to fire. It registers the whole screen, so if you not carefully where you using your left finger to aim you could end up coming out of cover if you press too hard on the screen, in reality you could play game with one finger and not the two finger it recommends. I found i enjoyed it better turning it off then having it on.

The game is unstable even on iphone 6s+, i seen the game crash out while its just sitting on the menu screen doing nothing, sound dropouts and scene crashes have been noticed.

Of course with this being Free game the question everyone asks is what the IAP are like. As you seen from one poster he or she was confused by the IAP the game others. Im all for IAP when it comes to a free game as long as it seems fair. I dont see this when it comes to coverfire, you can spend $2.99 (note this was NZ$) get 1 hour infinite or spend $4.49 and get 7 hours. That to me doesn't sit well, its like a "hey thanks you but still have to pay". Even the VIP benefits don't really encourage a player to support them by offering only a slight increase in gold purchases oh and extra energy, yet hear is the rub the VIP is time limited depending on the level unless you get to level 4 but frankly when you compare level 4 to 1 its not worth it.

I want to like this game and Genera have made good ones in the past of which i had the pleasure to play but i dunno about this one.

First make it more stable and give a me a player something that makes it worthwhile to support it.

EA mobile Game Changer member + Streamer on touchgameplay

Last edited by hellscaretaker; 03-31-2017 at 01:27 PM.
03-31-2017, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post

Billy
Thank you for saving me a download.

energy is a cancer.
03-31-2017, 01:48 PM
Any impressions on energy and grinding in this game? Played for 10 minutes and first 4 missions seems ok so far but I don't want to invest a lot of time and then hit the paywall or Sth
03-31-2017, 02:07 PM
Is this online or offline? Can someone tell me? I'm looking to get a game I can play on my commute and unfortunately I'll be offline.

Last edited by EggYolkeo; 04-02-2017 at 02:43 PM.
03-31-2017, 02:15 PM
Damn. Ok. Thank you my friend. It's a damn shame. I'm going to go email the dev team and see if they are open to maybe adding a permanent option for people like myself. I really like how they did the 3D Touch aspect.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
Take it as it means it, you get boosts for either 1 hour or 7 hours. You will see each package has VIP bonus which goes towards your VIP. Now with each VIP being time limited also unless you really splash out and get the unlimited VIP (which to be honest doesn't look worth it).