★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Fish Fun - Who knew fishes could be so much fun?

10-22-2009, 11:15 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: New Udupi, India
Posts: 844
Fish Fun - Who knew fishes could be so much fun?

Fish Fun just hit the App Store today!

Our brand new game Fish Fun is now available on the App Store. It’s a fresh take on fish games, with 5 different sea locations, 4 cool power ups and different fishes to choose from...Perfect for a quick bite of fun. You'll find it worth every cent, just for the 3 mini games you can play!

Who knew fishes could be so much fun!!!

App Store Link: Fish Fun

APP STORE DESCRIPTION:

Quote:

On a dare, a little fish leaves home to explore the treacherous ocean. He swims on, feeling proud and thinking what a great story this will be to boast about when he gets home. All is well till a giant wave grabs him in its clutches. Petrified, he looks in all possible directions trying to find his way back but he just can’t seem to figure it out!

Now it’s up to you to take care of him. Watch your step; the ocean is a mean place with dangers lurking everywhere. It might take a while before he gets home; so feed him to make sure he stays healthy. Tilt the device to ensure our little hero doesn’t end up exploring the innards of a vicious shark!

But don’t panic just yet! To help him survive, the gods of the ocean have bestowed him with four different kinds of super powers, which you must unlock along the way. Protect him with a shield or poison the other fishes, because you cannot afford to play nice in a place where survival of the fittest is the unspoken rule!

Will our little hero ever see the light of the day again?

FEATURES:

- Multiple modes to choose from: Classic, Timed and Challenge
- Exciting ‘Tap’, ‘Loop’ and ‘Gulp’ Mini Games
- Set the difficulty level of the game to Easy, Medium or Hard
- Unlock four different Power ups to help survive the ocean
- Play the game as Dude, Queen, Champ, Fighter or Rocker
- Select location of the game: Calm, Haunted, Green, Rocks or Dark
- Post your scores on Facebook or Twitter
- See who’s the top savior on Local or Global Leader boards
- Turn on Aqua Mode to get a feel of the ocean
Go on...Dive into the Sea world!

Check out exciting Games for your iPhone, iPad and Mac at www.99games.in

Last edited by 99Games; 10-22-2009 at 11:28 PM.
10-22-2009, 11:16 PM
#2
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,185


Username for GameCenter, Plus+, OpenFeint, Crystal, Agon, and others: xFinch713x
Xbox Live: ISMFOFinch

10-22-2009, 11:46 PM
#3
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: 3425711888
Posts: 528
since you're making game about fish, i am wondering if you could make siamese fighting fish game? you know something like two siamese fighting fishes fighting each other...
10-23-2009, 12:12 AM
#4
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: New Udupi, India
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by bone.rate View Post
since you're making game about fish, i am wondering if you could make siamese fighting fish game? you know something like two siamese fighting fishes fighting each other...
No plans of it as of now! Play a round of Fish Fun. You just might enjoy it more than a siamese fighting fish game!

Check out exciting Games for your iPhone, iPad and Mac at www.99games.in
10-23-2009, 12:48 AM
#5
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: 3425711888
Posts: 528
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Games View Post
No plans of it as of now! Play a round of Fish Fun. You just might enjoy it more than a siamese fighting fish game!
already enjoy! awesome, thanks
10-23-2009, 12:56 AM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,988
Its pretty and the controls seem to work well.

Classic mode, the growth seems kind of slow and subdued compared to similar games I'm used to. The sense of getting big quick and owning most of the fish is lacking. Takes too long to get to the size where you say "now I can pawn" which impacts how fun it is. Also, the minigames, while very cool, seem almost annoyingly frequent. I think this is because Feeding Frenzy was broken down into quick stages where you grew big, whereas in your game, its one continuous and slower growth curve.

So...10/10 for polish, but I'm not sure the fun mix is 100% yet. I'll try timed mode next.

Currently addicted to Clash Royale

Last edited by ArtNJ; 10-23-2009 at 01:25 AM.
10-23-2009, 01:07 AM
#7
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,710
Great game with a well balanced production (graphics, animations, sounds, online board). One of the best tilt based games I’ve played lately. Power-ups are very helpful!

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
10-23-2009, 02:04 AM
#8
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: New Udupi, India
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
Its pretty and the controls seem to work well.

Classic mode, the growth seems kind of slow and subdued compared to similar games I'm used to. The sense of getting big quick and owning most of the fish is lacking. Takes too long to get to the size where you say "now I can pawn" which impacts how fun it is. Also, the minigames, while very cool, seem almost annoyingly frequent. I think this is because Feeding Frenzy was broken down into quick stages where you grew big, whereas in your game, its one continuous and slower growth curve.

So...10/10 for polish, but I'm not sure the fun mix is 100% yet. I'll try timed mode next.
Thanks for your feedback ArtNJ. Yeah, you'll find that the fish doesn't grow at a faster rate when compared to other games. We've deliberately opted for a slower rate of growth to make the game more challenging. And the playability time increases along with it which we thought wouldn't have happened if the fish grew at a very faster pace. So you'll REALLY have to feed the fish a lot to make to grow! Its got quite an appetite!

About the Mini games, you can skip them if you like by tapping on the 'Back' button.

Check out the timed mode. Also try the different difficulty settings and see how you feel!

Cheers!!!

Check out exciting Games for your iPhone, iPad and Mac at www.99games.in
10-23-2009, 02:45 AM
#9
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Games View Post
Thanks for your feedback ArtNJ. Yeah, you'll find that the fish doesn't grow at a faster rate when compared to other games. We've deliberately opted for a slower rate of growth to make the game more challenging. And the playability time increases along with it which we thought wouldn't have happened if the fish grew at a very faster pace. So you'll REALLY have to feed the fish a lot to make to grow! Its got quite an appetite!

About the Mini games, you can skip them if you like by tapping on the 'Back' button.

Check out the timed mode. Also try the different difficulty settings and see how you feel!

Cheers!!!
Gotcha...well, I'm 39 so I hate to sound like a child, but there is an primal appeal to getting your fish huge and rampaging. I think that is a big part of what made Feeding Frenzy so popular. You've dilluted that.

I wish you ever success, and feel the game is very polished. Just saying I dont think the right direction was taken when varying the gameplay from Feeding Frenzy. Hope I'm proven wrong!

Currently addicted to Clash Royale
10-23-2009, 04:28 AM
#10
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 220
I am glad to see a Feeding Frenzy clone that is not a direct rip off of that game.

I will have to echo ArtNJ on the getting big part. That is the key reward in this fish-eat-fish game.

The tilt is working fine so far, but having the level wrap around is the biggest mistake in my opinion. It is illogical and frustrating. I hate how you move upwards and appear at the bottom of the screen. It is plain silly.