Project Frox [Beta Testers]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by doink123, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doink123

doink123 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    #1 doink123, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Project Frox beta is now closed. The game will be released on the 4th of May 2017 for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Mac. For more details please check this post: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=4005483&postcount=17

=================================​

Hi,
    We need beta testers for our upcoming game - Project Frox: 12 Stages of Suffering. If you are interested jump at the end of the post.

More info about the game >>>

In a distant binary star system, a small world is swinging and stretching between the violent gravity forces, where pressured energy and matter have created an amazing environment, life forms, and technology.

[​IMG]

The irregular planet rotation somehow keeps parts of the surface peaceful and quiet, but others are high-temperature tectonic nightmare.

[​IMG]

In this world of peace and violence, a unique form of life has emerged. Like the two suns in the sky, two creatures of these unique species are always coupled. None of them can survive without the other and together they form a single mind capable of consciousness.

[hqyoutube]X2bRXOnQut4[/hqyoutube]​

The binary-consciousness helps the species escape predators, use teleports, jump and run over traps, unlock different routes while trying to reach safe zones.

[​IMG]

The unique abilities of the creatures were noticed by an evil space life form called Gart. Gart arrived on the small planet and will use intelligence, slide capability, and rage mode to catch the creatures. Why it wants to catch them is currently unknown.

=================================

Project Frox is a jump and run experiment, where the player controls two frogs - a white and a black one. The black frog can jump on the black tiles and the white frog can jump on the white tiles. The two frogs must help each other - when there are no black tiles the black frog jumps on the white frog's back.

The game is specifically targeted for mid-to-hardcore gamers with equally well developed brain hemispheres, because the unique controls require both brain hemispheres to work in sync. You can check how well your brain works or how fast it learns to use the game controls.

[​IMG]

=================================

The following video demonstrates how one of our developers plays an early version of the game using a mouse (two buttons to control the two frogs). On iPhone the player has to use both hands.

[hqyoutube]zcae1_9fj4M[/hqyoutube]​

BETA TESTING >>>

Everyone is welcome to test Project Frox. Here's how to join:

- We are using Apple's TestFlight. In order to join the beta you must have an iPhone or iPad.
    - You have to download the TestFlight application from the AppStore.
    - Post your Apple ID.
    - You will receive an e-mail from Apple that you are part of the beta and can download Project Frox from the TestFlight app.

BETA TEST FEEDBACK >>>

Please submit the feedback here in this thread
    We are interested in the following topics:

- Bugs and Performance issues
    - What is the experience playing the game
    - Difficulty. We need to know whether the first 3 tutorial levels are enough for the player to get used to the controls (not master them). Is the learning curve too steep? Detailed feedback for every level (not only tutorials) would be great.

- Keep in mind the full title of the game is Project Frox: 12 Stages of Suffering :D

Thanks to everyone who wants to participate and help create a great (suffering) experience!

[​IMG]

2. D4rkwolf

D4rkwolf Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Student
    In a house ^^
    Im in!

Id love to beta test, PM me for the information needed1

3. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    Sent PM

4. Raqqi

Raqqi New Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Sounds cool, I'd also be interested in beta testing; here is my apple id.
    Apple ID: [email protected]

5. AmReY

AmReY Member

Jul 24, 2014
  6. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    #6 doink123, Apr 4, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Added you guys. Can you give us feedback of your first-time experience before diving deeper in the game? Things like menus navigation, the music, playing the first tutorial level.

7. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    your game looks interesting. I PM'd you my info for the beta

8. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    Check your e-mail.

9. captainredbeard

captainredbeard New Member

Apr 4, 2017
  10. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    Done. Check your e-mail.

11. D4rkwolf

Aug 8, 2012
    Student
    In a house ^^
    So far the game is good, I've made it 3 levels past the Tutorial, which gets the point across quite well..Good god is the game hard though! I like it, it's been a while since any game has even bothered to be difficult to me, keep it up!

12. Arav.sharma

Arav.sharma New Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Looks like an amazing game

I would lovee to try it out

13. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    I need your Apple ID (e-mail) to add you to the beta channel.

14. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    #14 doink123, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    What we found after many hours of testing/playing and what seems quite amazing is that your brain creates reflexes for the right moves at the right time and syncs your hands to do it. When you reach this level it's almost surreal, because it's like watching your hands do the right thing without feeling the need to control them.

15. Raqqi

Raqqi New Member

Apr 3, 2017
    First Impressions

I'm currently really enjoying the game! Here are my first impressions and I'd love to know what others think of the game.

First time experience:

Menu navigation – Quite easy to understand. Level select in the center, swiping to the side for the next level is intuitive. Game center, “Muddy Board” rank, and Achievements are easy to know immediate function based on picture, same idea with the settings button. Maybe these buttons could be a little bigger? Lots of empty space at the bottom of the screen anyway.

Music – I like the music a lot! The retro vibe is very cool.

Playing first tutorial levels –
    0-1 Tutorial – Jump command is simple, just tap on white jump button. I died on the first ‘Disappearing tile’, then realized I needed to jump on it when it was white. I died a second time when I saw Gart, the snail; I panicked and accidentally jumped onto a disappearing tile when it was pink. My end stats for 0-1 Tutorial were: time 21.1s, attempts 3, jumps 52, jumps per sec 2.5.

0-2 Tutorial – Now we are introduced to the black frog, which requires tapping the left hand side black button to move, this seems pretty straightforward. The wait tile was immediately intuitive and gave me no trouble. It is easy to see the portals due to the green color, because of this it is also easy to see where they lead. Overall not too challenging although I did die a few times trying to run away from Gart too quickly! My end stats for 0-2 Tutorial were: time 23.4s, attempts 5, jumps 59, jumps per sec 2.5.

0-3 Tutorial – Now we see both frogs together and the ‘challenge’ of the game becomes clear. This level was actually easier than the last one probably due to the newly introduced checkpoint mechanic, making the level seem shorter, as well as more familiarity with the game elements. My end stats for 0-3 Tutorial were: time 7.2s, attempts 4, jumps 77, jumps per sec 10.6.

Tutorial complete! First impressions – I’m having a blast so far! Music is light and fun, colors are bright, graphics are a little chunky looking, but they fit well with the music and color scheme. Overall the tutorial levels seemed like they introduced me well to the game. They were definitely not too challenging.

16. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback. I've sent it to the dev team. We are looking forward to getting feedback from the other testers too.

17. doink123

Jan 8, 2010
    #17 doink123, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Guys,
    I'm happy to announce that Project Frox beta is now closed. We have received great feedback from more users than we have expected. The process has been very straight forward and we are going to depend on public beta testing for our other upcoming games.

After 6 months in development and testing Project Frox is now complete and will be released on the 4th of May 2017 for iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, and Mac. This is an original gameplay concept and we are very excited to introduce it to the world.

Special thanks to D4rkwolf and Raqqi from the current thread for their support and feedback.

This is what we have changed / added during the public beta period:

1. Optimized Gart's speed and aggressiveness
    2. The frogs' reaction time is now faster (the hop animation is faster)
    3. Added more life forms on some levels
    4. The game should look better on iPad Pro 12.9"
    5. We have created Apple TV and Mac versions
    6. Fixed a tremendous amount of bugs like sound state problems, Game Center login and freeze problems, visual glitches, and more.

Thanks again and see you on the App Store / Mac App Store on the 4th of May!

[​IMG]

18. D4rkwolf

Aug 8, 2012
    Student
    In a house ^^