★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Codeulike
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 50.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0.8
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Numplussed is a unique puzzle maze game. The rules are very simple but the puzzles are fantastically puzzling. Its full of fun maths puzzles that combine calculations and maze challenges. This is an original maze puzzle game for all ages, specially created by Codeulike Games, a veteran programmer from the 80s/90s BBC/Acorn games scene.

How to play?

Each maze has numbers and an equals sign. As you move through the maze the numbers are added or subtracted to your running total. Can you get to the equals sign with the right running total? As you progress the number puzzles will get more and more complicated. Be prepared for some real maths puzzles and logic challenges in the mazes.

HUNDREDS OF LEVELS 3 DIFFICULTY MODES

The game has 125 free levels, made up of Easy, Medium and Hard difficulty. The game has a banner advert on the bottom of the screen but no pop-ups or interstitial ads.

In-App Purchases

You can get rid of the adverts with a small In-App purchase.
There are also two tiers of extra levels that you can purchase:

* Paid Tier - 300 carefully chosen levels, 100 each of Easy, Medium and Hard difficulty.
* Neverending Tier - 300,000 levels, 100,000 each of Easy, Medium and Hard difficulty.

Numplussed FEATURES:

- Unique and simple game mechanic
- Intuitive touch-and-drag controls
- Retro graphics that put the puzzles in the foreground
- 125 free levels
- Extra levels available for purchase, including a 'Neverending Tier' level pack that consists of 300,000 procedurally generated levels

--------------------------------------------

Try Numplussed for the ultimate challenge of fun logic and maths puzzles!
Get it for free and start puzzling today!

codeulike's comments:

Hi, developer here, this is Numplussed, its a puzzle game which combines mazes and numbers in a way that I believe is pretty unique. It has In-App-Purchases but not for in-game-currency or hints, just to get rid of ads or unlock more levels to play. The ads are just banner ads, none of that forced-to-watch-a-video malarkey. Its my first game release for 27 years (!), so would love to know what you think!
04-05-2017, 05:26 PM
Promo code giveaway for extra levels in this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=3998083

04-08-2017, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the extra levels, though I'm still amongst the free ones. Have been looking for an interesting math based game for some time. Others all seem to be very simple for young children. This does have an easy mode but I started with medium, which is providing enough to think about. It is still basic arithmetic but the maze setting of the numbers, together with just a few rules, increases the challenge. On top of that is trying to get 3 stars for the quickest solution. I don't know why but I always have to get the 3 stars before continuing to the next level, even though one is enough.

This is clearly a niche type of game, not having the glamour of exploring dungeons, but I would hope people try this as it's an original concept that gets the mind working in a different way.
04-08-2017, 07:08 PM
I DO like puzzle games, but didn't think I'd like this one. I'm glad I gave it a try!

Last edited by Dazzlemi; 04-09-2017 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Left out "think" word
04-09-2017, 03:26 AM
Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzlemi View Post
I DO like puzzle games, but didn't I'd like this one. I'm glad I gave it a try!
A puzzle for me: Is this a positive review or a negative one? I'd like to believe there is a word missing and it should read "... didn't think I'd like this one. I'm glad I gave it a try!". Not sure though : )
04-09-2017, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeulike View Post
Thanks for the feedback!

A puzzle for me: Is this a positive review or a negative one? I'd like to believe there is a word missing and it should read "... didn't think I'd like this one. I'm glad I gave it a try!". Not sure though : )
A good one, I really like it. I like you can draw the path even for repeated numbers.
04-14-2017, 05:15 PM
I'm delighted to say that Numplussed just got a 4-star review in Gamezebo:

Quote:
Numplussed: Mazes for Mathletes - Gamezebo (4/5 stars)

The ultimate test of a puzzle game whether it makes you think differently about the objects with which youre interacting, the world youre negotiating, and solution you must find. Surprisingly, Numplussed does just that using some walls, a ball, and some numbers. With tons of free content, a unique premise, and satisfying problem-solving, Numplussed will surely bring out the mathlete in anyone.