★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
View Poll Results: What's your favourite Star Cat Galaxy?
Galaxy 1 Juicy Fruity 3 42.86%
Galaxy 2 Moon Delight 2 28.57%
Galaxy 3 Cluster Funk 6 85.71%
Galxaxy 4 Candy Gloss 2 28.57%
Galaxy 5 Deep See 2 28.57%
Galaxy 6 Crystal Glare 2 28.57%
Galaxy 7 Flame Thrilled 2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll
App description: Crashed and lost in space, Star Cat wishes to see his family again and return home. At the cusp of giving up, a glimmer of hope appears and a light descends to help.

Follow the Star as it leads you through a fantastic adventure unlike any other!

- Seven beautifully illustrated galaxies with 43 unique worlds

Adventure through:

Juicy Fruity
Moon Delight
Cluster Funk
Candy Gloss
Deep See
Crystal Glare
Flame Thrilled

- Every level is a totally different experience and no enemy is repeated

- Use power-ups:

Shooting Stars
Moon Rocks
Rockets
Flaming Marshmallows
Water Bubbles
Inflatable Planets
Ice Cubes

- Featuring an irresistibly original soundtrack

- Don't worry Star Cat, the fun has just begun >'-'<

LoneWolf101's comments:
Hi Fellow gamers, developers and wolves!

After 6 gruelling years in the making by an artist-turned Lone Wolf Indie Developer. Painstakingly re-writing the entire code twice, ditching the original gameplay mechanics and re-doing all the graphics, I present my first ever game to the world; Star Cat Adventure. I Hope you like it :P

I can't for the life of me sum it up in any brief description. Only to say that I did everything in this game except the fantastic music.

----------------

Follow the Star as it leads you through a fantastic adventure unlike any other!

- Seven beautifully illustrated galaxies with 43 unique worlds

Adventure through:

Juicy Fruity
Moon Delight
Cluster Funk
Candy Gloss
Deep See
Crystal Glare
Flame Thrilled

- Every level is a totally different experience and no enemy is repeated

- Use power-ups:

Shooting Stars
Moon Rocks
Rockets
Flaming Marshmallows
Water Bubbles
Inflatable Planets
Ice Cubes

- Featuring an irresistibly original soundtrack

- Don't worry Star Cat, the fun has just begun >'-'<

http://www.aamar.me/

-LoneWolf101
04-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Can you please desccribe gameplay details a little more? From what I've seen in the trailer it seems gameplay is similar to Little Galaxy Family or Rabbids Big Bang, which were a little simple for my taste. I prefer something with a little more challenge and depth. Not sure about you're game. I could be absolutely wrong. One thing I do know for sure, is that the artwork is absolutely unique & beautiful.

04-10-2017, 07:20 PM
The sounds and music are also killer
04-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeblue000 View Post
The sounds and music are also killer
Edit: I watched the trailer again for the 3rd time and couldn't resist it anymore. I had to hit that buy button. It's just so trippy & pretty
04-10-2017, 07:29 PM
Gameplay

Hi yankeeblue000,

Little Galaxy Family and Rabbids couldn't be more further apart in terms of gameplay. Visually, I came across many games adapting the planet hopping mechanic. However, the one fundamental difference is that Star Cat has total freedom of movement. The gamer pulls the tail for power/speed and rotates it for the desired angle.

Angry Birds space and Rabbids veered off to an "orbital gravity" simulation, which for most us is not something we can related to in our daily life. In star cat, things fall downwards as we all know and that is combined with the following:

- total freedom of movement determined by the gamer
- no punishments for taking your time, slightly wrong angles or going a different way
- encouraged to explore and learn
- follow the trail of stars by combining the right angle and the perfect tail pull
- use powerups in each galaxy, that are given when the gamer needs them (think kirby)
- puzzle elements in the levels are thrown at the gamer to vary the gameplay so it's not all about jumping
- doesn't just get harder and as you progress, rather the gamer is given new experiences at every level
- element of shooting projectiles

I will hopefully get round to making a longer trailer that shows all this :P

Hope that helps?
04-10-2017, 07:35 PM
I couldn't agree more!

For those who won't complete the game to know

The musicians are:

https://protodome.bandcamp.com/
(intro, galaxy 3, credits roll and trailer)

https://soundcloud.com/hylianlemon
(title, galaxies 2 and 4-6 + end of game boss)

https://soundcloud.com/kc_portman
(galaxy 1 juicy fruity)

These guys are super talented! I highly recommend listening to their other work too!

Last edited by LoneWolf101; 04-12-2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: correction of credited music
04-10-2017, 07:37 PM
Awesome!
My favorite is the disco dude in cluster funk, the dance moves are not in trailer, hopefully it'll make you smile when you get to him

please rate and review and let everyone know what you think!

Last edited by LoneWolf101; 04-10-2017 at 07:40 PM.
04-10-2017, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeblue000 View Post
Can you please desccribe gameplay details a little more? From what I've seen in the trailer it seems gameplay is similar to Little Galaxy Family or Rabbids Big Bang, which were a little simple for my taste. I prefer something with a little more challenge and depth. Not sure about you're game. I could be absolutely wrong. One thing I do know for sure, is that the artwork is absolutely unique & beautiful.
Thanks man! Means a lot. I tried a mix of 2d hand drawn textures and 3d

makes it worthwhile when I see it appreciated :P
04-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf101 View Post
Thanks man! Means a lot. I tried a mix of 2d hand drawn textures and 3d

makes it worthwhile when I see it appreciated :P
stunning graphics, music and really fun gameplay. good job, Ammar! very good!

one request: change the icon name to "STAR CAT". thas's all. perfect.

wish you luck with this sweaty!
04-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf101 View Post
Hi yankeeblue000,

Little Galaxy Family and Rabbids couldn't be more further apart in terms of gameplay. Visually, I came across many games adapting the planet hopping mechanic. However, the one fundamental difference is that Star Cat has total freedom of movement. The gamer pulls the tail for power/speed and rotates it for the desired angle.

Angry Birds space and Rabbids veered off to an "orbital gravity" simulation, which for most us is not something we can related to in our daily life. In star cat, things fall downwards as we all know and that is combined with the following:

- total freedom of movement determined by the gamer
- no punishments for taking your time, slightly wrong angles or going a different way
- encouraged to explore and learn
- follow the trail of stars by combining the right angle and the perfect tail pull
- use powerups in each galaxy, that are given when the gamer needs them (think kirby)
- puzzle elements in the levels are thrown at the gamer to vary the gameplay so it's not all about jumping
- doesn't just get harder and as you progress, rather the gamer is given new experiences at every level
- element of shooting projectiles

I will hopefully get round to making a longer trailer that shows all this :P

Hope that helps?
You're right this is more of a puzzle/platformer where here your trying to get to all the stars by getting the right angle & catapulting Star Cat from object to object while trying to avoid being taken out by obstacles and bad guys while those games were more of score chasers. The game is gorgeous and presents a challenge. Which I like. I'm having fun. Still have to play more to say more about it. So far so good. I definitely recommend it. Great job on this

Last edited by yankeeblue000; 04-11-2017 at 12:58 AM.