★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: bike or die 2 alternative

12-29-2008, 05:22 PM
bike or die 2 alternative

the game is just too floaty and too senstive for me. imo its pretty close to unplayable. and i dont care about the amount of levels.

i gave it a good try. liked it at first. but now i just want to throw my ipod down the toilet when i play it.

anyway i bought it cause i thought it was gonna be like trial bike (online web game) where you had to navigate through obstacles and rocks using weight mechanics and acceleration. where the physics were much heavier and more stable and much less punishing. (but still difficult as the obstacles were sometimes massive)

i would love a game like that on my ipod.

im glad it was only through a voucher as 6.99 outright for bike or die would have made me feel very upset.

so yeah is there somehting like trial bike (explained above)

dont care if there ar eless levels. 20 levels with good physics is better than unlimited with crazy stuff.

(ps:, this is all of course my opinion and i understand why people love bike or die. just not what i was expecting)
12-29-2008, 05:31 PM
I did see one that looked graphically good, but all you did was tap the left or right and balance him over some bumps, didn't look very eventful... forget the name. So I know there out there....

12-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrisguitar View Post
anyway i bought it cause i thought it was gonna be like trial bike (online web game) where you had to navigate through obstacles and rocks using weight mechanics and acceleration. where the physics were much heavier and more stable and much less punishing. (but still difficult as the obstacles were sometimes massive)
Me too. I'm still waiting on a Trial Bike clone.
12-29-2008, 07:23 PM
really hope somehting like this comes. still my favourite web based game. i know it would be played to death on my ipod touch.
12-29-2008, 09:04 PM
Motocross

I canít vouch for this game since I havenít yet tried it, but you might find Motocross more to your liking. There is some discussion of it here, and you can see a video at the developerís site.
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I really like the game and it was definitely the $4 (I think that's how much it came out for). I've beaten around 60 of the levels and I play it quite a bit, so I doubt there's any chance I'll beat all the levels in my lifetime :P

I like how the game works, but I agree that sometimes it can get pretty frustrating.

I'd really like if the developer made a mode to make the bike sturdier and not so bouncy. Also make it so it's harder to kill your character (you'd only die if you landed on your head or something?). That would help a lot to take off some of the stress the game can possibly give you, lol

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-29-2008, 09:10 PM
Send a message via AIM to Kuratsu Send a message via MSN to Kuratsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
I really like the game and it was definitely the $4 (I think that's how much it came out for). I've beaten around 60 of the levels and I play it quite a bit, so I doubt there's any chance I'll beat all the levels in my lifetime :P

I like how the game works, but I agree that sometimes it can get pretty frustrating.

I'd really like if the developer made a mode to make the bike sturdier and not so bouncy. Also make it so it's harder to kill your character (you'd only die if you landed on your head or something?). That would help a lot to take off some of the stress the game can possibly give you, lol
Hmm, it would be interesting if the game had the option of controlling how "springy" the bike was. I gotta agree though, the biker dies way too easily, the slightest touch (even if its the hand) can cause death.
12-29-2008, 11:42 PM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post

Do you have a PC? If so, give Elasto Mania a go. BoD2 is pretty much a bad rip off of this game. All these issues are better in this about 10 year old game

Lockscreen Wallpaper Creator
12-30-2008, 01:39 AM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Did you try the update? I have yet to try but the update seems to fix the control issue, hence make the bike more easier to control.
12-30-2008, 01:44 AM
oh reallyy...cause this fckin game pisses ppl off...im glad i laid this game off...otherwise i wont not hv an iphone right now