★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SQUISH
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 131.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: A magical bubble popping playground full of action and adventure!

Journey through an enchanted Faerie Kingdom filled with rainbow coloured realms and stunning creatures where powerful faeries are the protectors against the Darklings and their minions.

EASY TO PLAY

Fly with the butterflies, ladybugs and other critters and seek out a friendly rainbow dragon for gold
Upgrade your powers and use your gold coins in the Hall of Heroes
Earn keystones by playing the mini challenge
Score 2 Stars or more in order to advance through the Realms

WHAT MAKES FAEDOM SPECIAL?

Fun challenges within the realms
Open world playground to explore at your own pace
Never ending action and fun
Wholesome positive entertainment for kids and families
A new surprise hidden around every corner
Level up each unique hero with magical powers, protective armour and attractive forces.
Adaptive gameplay suitable for all skill levels (Not too hard, but also not too easy)
Autosave is always on so stop playing anytime, but remember to come back for a 200 GOLD COIN DAILY BONUS!
Bonus secret codes for GOLD COINS and POWER STARS found at https://www.facebook.com/FaedomGame/
Collect Gold Coins to play mini-challenges or to unlock new heroes
Earn Power Stars which are used to upgrade your heroes
Ranking up your hero allows you to play mini-challenges and improves your heroes skill level

We @ Squish hope you enjoy Faedom as much as we did creating it :)

Stay tuned for more Rainbow Realms and Heroes!

DeanoSquish's comments:
Hi Everyone!

I’d like to announce the soft launch of our debut game ‘Faedom’ plus introduce you to our brand new company, Squish, a Sydney based two man indie team.

Youtube link | Pop Up

We’d be honoured for the opportunity to share this release of Faedom with any Touch Arcade Beta testers wanting to play through the first two faerie kingdom worlds ‘Sky Realm’ & ‘Dark Forest’ and we’d appreciate any feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve the flow of the gameplay, story and excitement.

Description

FAEDOM IS A MAGICAL OPEN WORLD TO DISCOVER.
A BUBBLE POPPING PLAYGROUND FULL OF ACTION AND ADVENTURE!

Journey through an enchanted Faerie Kingdom filled with rainbow coloured realms and stunning creatures where powerful faeries are the protectors against the Darklings and their minions.

Fly with the butterflies, ladybugs and other critters and seek out a friendly rainbow dragon for gold.

Upgrade your powers and use your gold coins in the Hall of Heroes and to play the mini challenges in order to advance through the Realms.

What makes Faedom special?

* Open world playground to explore with never ending action and fun
* Wholesome positive entertainment for kids and families
* Play at your own pace
* Adaptive gameplay suitable for all skill levels (Not too hard, but not too easy!)
* New surprise hidden around every corner
* Level up each unique hero with magical powers, protective armour and attractive forces.

Audience

* Our intended audience was 6-10 year old children however, we have found players from all ages enjoying the experience.

Price

* FREE with in-app purchase and rewarded advertising
* In-app purchase for Gold Coins to play mini-challenges or to unlock new heroes
* In-app purchase for Power Stars which are used to upgrade your heroes. Rank up to play mini-challenges and to improve your heroes skill level.
* Rewarded Video & Rewarded Interstitial Advertising - Choose to watch for Gold Coin rewards!

Notes

* In-App purchases are not required to complete the game, they only help to speed up the unlocking of Heroes and can be used to play mini-challenges.
* Advertising in the game can be watched for a gold reward and is chosen to be activated by the player only.
* Offline mode will turn all in-app purchases and rewarded advertising off

Inspiration

Our original inspiration for Faedom came from an old addictive online flash game called ‘Flow’. We also loved ‘Leo’s Fortune’ and ‘Badland’.

Please provide us with any feedback, good or bad. We are always looking for ways to improve the flow of the gameplay, story and excitement. To send feedback, please use the form at the bottom of here..

Thanks for your help!

Deano @ Squish

Squish Links

Website http://squishgames.com/faedom
Facebook https://facebook.com/faedomgame
Instagram https://instagram.com/faedom
Twitter https://twitter.com/faedomgame
04-12-2017, 12:08 AM
Hi! while i am not in your target age (30s) i love fairies since i saw and read Peter Pan as a child, so i got your game.
The graphics are magical. I dont know how you managed such quality and aesthetics, but you nailed it.

The gameplay is fun, popping bubbles and getting upgrades here and there. But the lower bar is a bit confusing, does it ever go past one? and how do you free your caged friend? i emptied the bar, filled it and emptied it again zapping the cage but nothing happened. Also since your target are kids, i suggest to add audio hints when there is no progress, to tell you what to do and make the game interesting again.

I'm sad to say the controls dont work well though. Sure, it doesnt need precision, but its frustrating not to control where and how you move. I tried dragging anywhere on screen and tap to move. Sometimes i went where i wanted, sometimes not at all, sometimes slow and sometimes super fast. Maybe it is a problem that you have all control schemes enabled at once and the fairy cant recognise the move command 100%of the time?

I'd love to see another game with this art style, a bit older fairies, with upgradeable-collectable accesories, equipment, powers, some magical enemy butt kicking and a world that gates your progress to the next unlocked power. Yeap, i guess i want a Metroid with fairies. I didnt know it until i played your game

Good luck and welcome to TA!

04-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Thanks ramzarules for downloading and testing.
Congrats, as you are the first to post!

In answer to your questions...

The lower bar is your "Power Bar".
As you collect orbs, this will fill up and you can use it to shoot at the cage, or as you'll find after a bit more playing, you will need to shoot at some other not so friendly critters.

The prison takes a while to break open. I'm considering making this a bit easier though as you're not the first to mention that it seems it doesn't make any difference shooting it. As you upgrade your Heroes, this does get easier anyway.

I've added a lot of audio hints, like the baby saying "get me out of here", "help me" etc but perhaps there is still more to add, so any more like that one, please let me know.

The controls do take a bit of getting used to especially if you find yourself switching into "joystick" mode when intending on "Tap n go" mode. I find dragging around is best and gives the best feeling of flying. The joystick, (holding down and moving in a tight area), was mostly intended for iPads as dragging across the entire screen could be tiring at times. Anyway, we'll keep an eye on this and make updates appropriately.

We actually had older fairies at one stage. Check her out here.

We plan to create many more games with this engine.
I've spent the past 3 years, (on & off), making it in such a way that we'll be able to produce games of the highest quality and efficiency.

Thanks again for your speedy review

Deano
04-12-2017, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanoSquish View Post
We plan to create many more games with this engine.
I've spent the past 3 years, (on & off), making it in such a way that we'll be able to produce games of the highest quality and efficiency.
Deano
This is great to hear! i will be looking out for updates on this game, and the next games from you. The world, graphics and atmosphere are spot on and hopefully more people here give Faedom a go and provide feedback.
04-12-2017, 01:32 AM
Not exactly down my alley, but I want to comment not on the game itself but on the IAP and Ads. Something for you to think about:

As a dad, I want full control over if my kid sees that stuff or not.
So, "Airplane mode turns it all off" and "Ads only when player wants to see them" is not enough in my book.
Most kids that age can figure that out and turn Airplane off again.
You should have an option to manually switch it all off, hidden behind a parental control with a passcode you can set yourself.
Of course, ultimately it's my responsibility, by properly educating my kid and setting my iOS thingie to require a password for every purchase (and not give that to him, naturally).
But you don't have to make my job harder And, as we all know, not all parents are responsible.

Not to mention that I find it HIGHLY questionable to put IAP and Ads in a game for a target group of 6-10 year olds...
04-12-2017, 02:11 AM
Quote:
You should have an option to manually switch it all off, hidden behind a parental control with a passcode you can set yourself.
That's a great bit of feedback thanks Nullzone.
Do you think intuitively people would discover the option if we added it into the settings area of the game, i.e. "Parental controls", or do you think it should be an optional alert popup when first starting the Sky realm?

I'm also a parent and I totally agree with you, which is why allowing the game to be played in Airplane mode is important to me.

Please note: The app was originally going to be for this 6-10 year old age group, however it's grown into something much more broad as we've found that children and adults of all ages are loving it which is amazing and has taken us a little by surprise.

We originally wanted to just charge a couple of $ but after doing much research we found that would significantly reduce our exposure for our debut game. People in general tend to seek out the freebies and the paid apps tend to rapidly taper off after a year or 3 at the most. Even the best sellers.

We've offered a massive amount of value for free and don't require any payments to enjoy Faedom for many hours. I think this is pretty awesome. Being a 2 man team means we don't need much to keep on creating

Our market research, (friends, family, neighbours), actually showed the children loved to discover & watch an advert since they would get a gold reward.
However in saying all of this, I have launched with the ads DISabled and intend on testing the quality and content before I do release them live. If I see a single ad that is inappropriate for kids I won't be adding this feature.

In-app purchase is only for the people that want instant gratification, (who am I to deny them that)

Thanks once again for your feedback Nullzone. Please don't hesitate in feeding us with any other helpful suggestions you may have.

Deano

Last edited by DeanoSquish; 04-12-2017 at 02:27 AM.
04-12-2017, 11:25 AM
I'll need some time to answer you properly, Deano. Bloody busy day at work, and I don't know if I can get around to it tonight.
Patience please, could take me another day or three...

Last edited by Nullzone; 04-12-2017 at 01:50 PM.
04-12-2017, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzarules View Post
This is great to hear! i will be looking out for updates on this game, and the next games from you. The world, graphics and atmosphere are spot on and hopefully more people here give Faedom a go and provide feedback.
Thanks ramzarules!
04-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Nullzone, your help is greatly appreciated and please take your time getting back.
04-13-2017, 03:26 AM
Secret codes

For all the helpful feedback, go to the settings screen, open the padlock and enter the word "EGGS" for 5 Power stars for upgrading your Hero, and then "CHOCOLATE" for 500 GOLD COINS!

These secret codes are only going to work over the Easter weekend. (til midnight Monday 17th April 2017).

More codes will pop up on our social sites