★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: * Please note: You can use multiple fingers to tap to get up! So tap fast with as many as you can! Also pause menu can be found in top left of gameplay screen next to timer. *

In a world you cannot understand, the ring is your salvation. You are, The Contender.

Get rocked in this 80s throwback to arcade boxing champions of yesteryears. The Contender is a less-is-more homage to classic 8-bit console (boxing) games that will, ahem, stretch your limits!

With deeply flawed control limitations, you will burst into tears of joy and passive rage as you walk into multiple left hand jabs with your stiff upper lip and stretch your arms across the ring to land your punches. And don't forget to tap furiously to avoid being knocked out!

Float like a butterfly, sting like a b... no chance.

FEATURES:

Local player vs. player
Super dope 8-bit soundtrack
Classic console 8-bit graphics
Track wins, losses, and scores in Game Centre
iMessage Sticker Pack
Unique arms stretching mechanic
Controls that will make you scream
Social sharing with friends and family
04-12-2017, 02:55 PM
I have only had a chance to play a few rounds, but so far i am enjoying it.

I thoroughly enjoy playing all the games you have released so far, even the one you say was a "fiscally irresponsible experiment". Most of your games from Frosty Beer/Pop and up are still on my device today and are played often.

Thank you for making these great games and I wish you success with you newest release.

04-12-2017, 02:56 PM
My Bad, not sure how I double posted.

Last edited by new_ipodtouch5G_owner; 04-12-2017 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Human Error
04-12-2017, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_ipodtouch5G_owner View Post
I have only had a chance to play a few rounds, but so far i am enjoying it.

I thoroughly enjoy playing all the games you have released so far, even the one you say was a "fiscally irresponsible experiment". Most of your games from Frosty Beer/Pop and up are still on my device today and are played often.

Thank you for making these great games and I wish you success with you newest release.
Thanks so much. Glad you enjoy! Cheers.

--
Simply,

// Faisal & The Frosty Pop Corps
04-12-2017, 06:42 PM
This is a clever game, it's fun!
04-12-2017, 08:18 PM
I remember this gameI played played the game this is inspired by!

This is AWESOME!!

I've played a few rounds. The AI isn't too bad. It's fun. How do I get rid of the forced ads? I see no button to make the in app purchase and no shop or anything. I see a restore purchases button in options but nothing there either.

Help me give you some money!

Billy

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 04-12-2017 at 08:25 PM.
04-13-2017, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
I remember this gameI played played the game this is inspired by!

This is AWESOME!!

I've played a few rounds. The AI isn't too bad. It's fun. How do I get rid of the forced ads? I see no button to make the in app purchase and no shop or anything. I see a restore purchases button in options but nothing there either.

Help me give you some money!

Billy
Thanks so much Billy! In the pause menu in the game (top left during a round) there is a remove ads option. Sorry, a bit hidden. Try two player with a friend, its a riot. Cheers and many thanks for your support. Cheers!

--
Simply,

04-13-2017, 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
This is a clever game, it's fun!
Thanks so much! Big ideas for a sequel.

--
Simply,