★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: You have to tape up all these boxes REAL QUICK! Use everything you can think of. No TAPE? Use CATS! No CATS? Use BACON! (Mmm bacon) Become a TAPE MASTER in this oddly satisfying vertical jumping action scroller!

NOTE: You may download and play this game for free, but optional in-game items require payment. You can turn off the payment feature by disabling in-app purchases in your devices settings.

Features:
- No internet connection required
- Stylish pixel art
- Simple swipe controls
- Super easy to play, but hard to master
- Compete with friends (and beat them)
- Unlock and collect 40+ characters
- And 30 unique background themes to choose from!

Privacy Policy:
http://tape-it-up.com/privacy-policy

Terms of Service:
http://tape-it-up.com/terms-of-service

Parental Guide:
http://tape-it-up.com/parental-guide

Help and Support:
Having problems or want to report something?
E-mail us at tape-it-up@devsisters.com

Want more Tape it Up?
Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tapeitupgame

DevSam's comments:

04-14-2017, 01:47 AM
This is fun. Stupid character unlocking system though, they pretty much all are only unlockable for a dollar each, a handful are unlocked through absurdly difficult achievements and that's it. I'd definitely get into this if I could use coins to unlock the characters. Each one being a dollar and not even offering some sort of $5 unlock all characters is pretty weak tea. I want to spend time playing the game to unlock sh*t and not drop like 30 bucks on characters. Not that I would just sucks that it's the only option.

04-14-2017, 01:55 AM
The coins don't seem to be used for anything actually. So there's like 35 characters you can only buy with money? And coins that do nothing? And an IAP that can double coins!? Am I missing something?
04-14-2017, 02:07 AM
Hi,

it seems our interface is a bit unclear on that part - you can open a mystery box with a character inside once you've gathered 1000 coins. We'll try to make this more obvious with the next update, thanks for the feedback!
04-14-2017, 11:57 AM
Am I correct in assuming the levels aren't randomly generated? It feels like the boxes I'm taping are in the exact same place and order on every level each time I play.
04-14-2017, 03:17 PM
1,000 coins per character? Jeez ok I'll play something else. Monetization is too aggressive for me.
04-15-2017, 09:21 AM
This game is awesome. The music art and gameplay are top notch, and everything feels very polished. All I want is an Iap that disables ALL ads. Meaning no ads in the slot machine box, and no more having to watch an ad up to two times to revive. Just have two extra ad free tries each run. I'll gladly pay for this.
04-17-2017, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiskadoro View Post
Am I correct in assuming the levels aren't randomly generated? It feels like the boxes I'm taping are in the exact same place and order on every level each time I play.
Hi, fiskadoro! The beginning of the game is always fixed, but at a certain point random elements get mixed in, and it gets more and more random the further you get. (Once you reach certain stages there will also be opportunities to skip the early parts in exchange for coins.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwubbs View Post
This game is awesome. The music art and gameplay are top notch, and everything feels very polished. All I want is an Iap that disables ALL ads. Meaning no ads in the slot machine box, and no more having to watch an ad up to two times to revive. Just have two extra ad free tries each run. I'll gladly pay for this.
Thanks for the praise, Mrwubbs. We're currently discussing several approaches for an ad-free option. We haven't quite decided on one yet, but we expect there will be one sooner rather than later!
04-17-2017, 02:43 AM
Since each character unlock attempt costs 1,000 coins does this mean there's no way of getting duplicate characters? Should I be expecting duplicates? The game is pretty fun, yes, but the unlocking part is a bit too much especially if there are chances of getting duplicates. I thought the game offers very interesting characters, so in a way, to me it's part of the experience.

The character gacha also didn't show up for me upon getting 1,000 coins. I had to play seven games until it showed up.

(I'm not sure if you're aware, but your contact email tape-it-up@devsisters.com doesn't work. My email bounced back.)

Last edited by Yanagi; 04-17-2017 at 02:46 AM.
04-17-2017, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagi View Post
Since each character unlock attempt costs 1,000 coins does this mean there's no way of getting duplicate characters? Should I be expecting duplicates? The game is pretty fun, yes, but the unlocking part is a bit too much especially if there are chances of getting duplicates. I thought the game offers very interesting characters, so in a way, to me it's part of the experience.
There are duplicates, but we're planning to make it a bit easier to earn coins with the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagi View Post
(I'm not sure if you're aware, but your contact email tape-it-up@devsisters.com doesn't work. My email bounced back.)
Ouch! Should be fixed now, thanks very much for letting us know!