★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ***PLEASE NOTE: NOT RECOMMENDED FOR DEVICES BELOW iPhone 6 and iPad Air 2. The full list of recommended minimum devices for the best gameplay experience is as follows - iPhone 6 and up, iPad Mini 4 and up, iPad Air 2 and up, and iPad Pro - also requires iOS 10.0 and up.***

Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series delivers a brand new story of the universes unlikeliest heroes, the rag-tag band of outlaws who go by the names Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket, and Groot. In the wake of an epic battle, the Guardians discover an artifact of unspeakable power. Each of the Guardians has a reason to desire this relic, as does a ruthless enemy who is the last of her kind, and who will stop at nothing to tear it from their hands.

From Earth to the Milano to Knowhere and beyond, and set to the beat of awesome music, this five-part episodic series puts you in the rocket-powered boots of Star-Lord in an original Guardians adventure, told in the unique and award-winning Telltale style, where your decisions and actions will drive the path of the story you experience.

Includes Episode 1 in this all-new series from the award-winning studio, Telltale Games.

***Save 25% on additional episodes in Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series by purchasing the Multi-Pack [Episodes 2-5 bundle] via in-app in the 'Episodes' menu***
04-18-2017, 03:32 AM
So, how is that new Telltale running on iPad ?

I played through The Walking Dead and loved Tales from the Borderlands to bits, but was extremely disappointed by the Batman series as it suffered on iPad from never-ending loading screens and many other issues (and didn't look very good) so for this one, I'm definitely waiting for comments from people who've tried it...

04-18-2017, 04:29 AM
My first impressions are rather optimistic (playing on an iPhone 6, btw). Graphically, the game looks good: obviously not as pretty as the console version (especially noticeable when the plot takes us to darker settings), but its stylized quality give it a fresh feel. And it's miles better than the muddled mess that was the Batman game. The loading times are also much shorter, and I have yet to experience any lag during the QTE scenes. Again, it's still early impressions, but I'd say that the technical problems that plagued the mobile version of Telltale's Batman game are fortunately absent here (hopefully that'll induce Telltale to fix the Batman game while they're at it)!

Last edited by TheMerc; 04-18-2017 at 08:30 AM.
04-18-2017, 05:09 AM
Lol NOW they put a recommended list of devices? Well, better late than never. At least that is some small amount of conscience they screwed things up with batman. Aaand it is not for me,still on ipad air1 and not willing to take risks,and wouldn't take the plunge nonetheless after tthe batman fiasco
04-18-2017, 05:16 AM
Crisp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMerc View Post
My first impressions are excellent (playing on an iPhone 6, btw)! Graphically, the game looks really crisp, not at all like the muddled mess that was the Batman game. The loading times are also much shorter, and I have yet to experience any lag during the QTE scenes. Again, it's still early impressions, but I'd say that the technical problems that plagued the mobile version of Telltale's Batman game are fortunately absent here (hopefully that'll induce Telltale to fix the Batman game while they're at it)!
Man...hmmm...I dunno...I am kinda disappointed, I'm on an iPhone 6s and it doesn't necessarily look aweful, but crisp? Looks kinda blurry and aliased to me in most parts, not all though...which is weird. Maybe something was downloading on my PC while I played the first 15 or 20 min of the game, but I dunno about crisp. I've also definitely had some lag.
Nonetheless, from the first 20 or so minutes, I am definitely enjoying it, its absolutely playable without a doubt. I never played batman, but I don't think they screwed up here like people say they did there. Again, definitely playable, little lag spikes here and there etc, not amazing graphics, but good. Oh, and...for one thing...it ain't batman LOL....booooring. Meh...if they woulda gone dark knight...maybe..but screw anything that isn't dark knight haha.

Last edited by Tychaeus; 04-18-2017 at 05:20 AM.
04-18-2017, 05:21 AM

I played first few minutes. But game is bit laggy.

GAME CENTER ID: TECHZAMAZING

Last edited by Techzamazing; 04-18-2017 at 05:24 AM.
04-18-2017, 05:25 AM
MFi Supported!

04-18-2017, 06:14 AM
I'm still bummed the last Guardians of the Galaxy game got taken off the App Store and no longer works. It was such a good mix of GotG and Battleheart. I'll probably give this first episode a try, but I doubt I'll like it as much as that abandoned game.
04-18-2017, 04:28 PM
Didn't bother with season 3 of Walking Dead, but so far this is easily the best (most stable/best looking) iOS Telltale port since The Wolf Among Us. It even feels like it was built for the platform, surprisingly. This is based on SE performance, mind you.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
04-19-2017, 12:41 PM
On iPhone 7 Plus (128), graphics are sharp, no lag/stuttering, and minimal, "glance-at-the-tv" load times. Looks beautiful, really. You'd expect nothing less, I suppose...

Not a big fan of the whole "timed dialogue" gimmick, especially without an on/off option. But, it's only used at certain times and the dialogue choices don't seem nearly as vague as in "Wolf." (For the record, I'm *still* not happy about Telltale's handling of my beloved Fables.). So, even if that annoys you, it shouldn't put you off this game.

Seems fun so far, though I'm not very deep into it. The voice actors and music are both excellent. Really don't care for the random "save points" system on a mobile game. Had to repeat a bunch of dialogue/action choices once due to an unavoidable interruption by real life. The story is interesting so far, as it would have to be in a game like this. The action sequences remind me a little of the old Dragon's Lair games, albeit more sophisticated.

Speaking of which, the game's control system sometimes confuses me. For example, what is it expecting me to do here? Draw lines from green to red dots? Tap green, then red? It doesn't prep you for stuff like this at all. Whatever I'm supposed to do, I'm clearly getting it wrong because I keep dying.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Enlight1.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	113388