★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Spells of Genesis is a fantasy trading card game that takes the collection and strategic aspects of trading card games and adds the addictiveness of arcade gameplay through its unique battling mechanic.

Build the strongest decks by collecting, trading, and combining orbs, and put them to the test against challenging opponents while exploring the fantasy realm of Moonga.

Deckmaking, trading and destroying your enemys orbs requires skill and cunning, are you up to the task?

RICH STORY, AMAZING ART

Collect hundreds of striking cards to battle through the compelling story missions unravelling the mystery of the Void.

The world of Moonga is dangerous and exciting with a huge array of heroes, villains, monsters, animals & more to encounter, battle, collect and trade.

UNIQUE GAMEPLAY

Spells of Genesis innovative battling mechanic requires strategy and skill. You might have the strongest deck, but can you win the battle?

FEATURES:
Over 300 different orbs to collect, upgrade and combine!
Master the unique battling gameplay to defeat your opponents.
150 levels and missions to play through
Hundreds of hand-drawn character cards that can be combined to make even more powerful creatures

*Please note this game is free to play, however some items may be purchased for real money. If you do not want to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device settings.
**This game does not support iPhone 3GS, iPad 2, iPod Touch 4th Generation or earlier devices.

Connect with All 4 Games -
Twitter: https://twitter.com/All_4_Games
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/all4gamesofficial/

In order to deliver a personalised, responsive service and to improve the game, we remember and store information about how you use it. The information is completely anonymous and will never include any personal details. It is used only by Channel 4 or the trusted partners we work with. If you wish, you can switch off our analytics software within the Options screen of the game. The game contains promotions for Channel 4s other products and services as well as some promotions of third party products and services. By downloading this application, you agree to our terms of use (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/all-4-games/articles/all/game-terms-and-conditions), privacy policy and cookies policy.
04-23-2017, 10:28 AM
Ok, been following this and playing beta for a looong time. I was kinda disappointed that the launch didn't include multiplayer yet...also I finally really took time to look into blockchain and bitcoin/bitcrystals. Well, one of the cheapest blockchain cards go for 70 bitcrystal, which translates to around .03 bitcoin or so and this all translates to about $20 usd. FOR ONE CARD, and there are no card packs etc. I'll NEVER pay $20 for A card....that's ridiculous.

However. I am loving the game and already have my first quad-fused card! I have seen also that they plan to allow you to change in game assets to bitcrystal possibly sometime in the future, and the first campaign expansion is coming June or July so that's awesome.

My only other complaint would be the stamina system...I can barely play three or 4 matches at this point before I'm out of stamina. The matches go pretty fast. You can buy premium currency though that allows you to get rare or epic cards...random card draw....OR use it to refill the stamina...at 2 currency a pop. It's $5 for 25 currency....the rare card draw is 20 lol... the game is WAY too expensive. But fun to be had playing for free...in very small spurts, can't wait for multiplayer and to see how exactly they are going to implement that.

04-25-2017, 02:47 AM
Ok, so after getting a bit further and seeing that you do get some premium currency for completing a quest/achievement so that's awesome, I can use it to playing for much longer stints...aaand I'll boast # 70 atm on the leader board! I also decided to support the app as I'm absolutely addicted to it...don't even think about touching another app lately. So I spent the lowest IAP tier which is $5 and actually gives you 30 premium currency as apposed to the 20 or so I originally thought. I would just recommend to NOT wastefully spend it on the rare and epic card summon, instead use it to refill your stamina to full for only 2 currency a pop....it really goes a looong way, and I am now 15 crystal away from my second quad fused card already, god it's really entertaining to progress your cards in this game and re-arrange your party selection. I was stuck farming a boss for almost two days because content was just too difficult for my current team, today I just blasted through that lvl and the next after upgrading a few cards and getting a new really nice rare "light" based warrior card with + to strength...which stacks lol. As you can see, I could go on all day as to how much I'm enjoying SOG, you should check it out. The NON-block chain (bit coin/bit crystal super expensive cards) cards in game are more than worthy and awesome fun/interesting. I thought not accessing the block chain was going to really turn me off, but I barely even care at this point, plus I know we will be getting a selection of free block chain cards periodically starting with the first one May 1st. But, only if you log in, register, and attach your profile to your book of orbs before the end of April, so get to it!

Last edited by Tychaeus; 04-25-2017 at 02:50 AM.
04-26-2017, 01:50 PM
There is a real world bitcoin/bitcrystal economy for this game where cards have actual real money value which is pretty neat. I wrote a newbie guide on reddit on my experiences and walkthrough in getting involved in this aspect of the game and it might be helpful for new players. See link below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SpellsOfGen...player_buying/

Favorite iOS games: King of Dragon Pass, RAVENMARK: Scourge of Estellion, Junk Jack X & Silversword.
Gamecenter ID: Gilgilad
04-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgilad View Post
There is a real world bitcoin/bitcrystal economy for this game where cards have actual real money value which is pretty neat. I wrote a newbie guide on reddit on my experiences and walkthrough in getting involved in this aspect of the game and it might be helpful for new players. See link below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SpellsOfGen...player_buying/
As I stated above, I looked into and researched the bit coin aspect as well and almost bought some BTC and bit crystal, but after looking at some of the block chain cards available and their bit crystal cost, I figured the cheapest card I could buy would cost me about $20 usd, and that doesn't include the bitcoin transaction fees that are apparently involved. Maybe, maaaaybe in the future, but as of now I'm pretty satisfied with my in game cards already with two maxed level and maxed evolution cards at this point, quite effective and pretty/shiny 🤗. Also, just having a ball moving up the leaderboard, currently rank 28/3000 something.

P.S. Can't believe this isn't getting more attention here on TA.

P.S.S. REALLY good description/tutorial about how to arrive at owning a block chain card in game! It took me about two days to figure all that out; your step by step is absolutely perfect for a newbie to learn from. Just well done 👌

Last edited by Tychaeus; 04-26-2017 at 02:30 PM.
04-27-2017, 08:54 AM
This is actually turning out to be pretty decent. Can't say I share the same enthusiasm as others on the thread, but the core gameplay is fairly entertaining; unique in that it blends mechanics not normally associated with rpg's, most notably pool/billiards, pinball and breakout. I've always enjoyed Miniclips sports games: Soccer Stars, Hocky Stars, etc; their gameplay sharing similar billiards elements.

Rewards seem fair (so far), the game paying out enough coin in each area to buy a card. Deck/team management follows a familiar approach: currency-based progression/evolution, the source (crystals) obtained by disbanding cards. Iap's limited to coin/gems, used to purchase booster.

So far, paywall hasn't been discouraging but tempting enough to check currency iap's, which like so many ftp games, pricing starts at $5, with only premium currency (gems) available for purchase. And like so many other games, denominations sold, differ from booster pack pricing, forcing you to buy currency you cannot spend.

I'd be more than willing to pay a few dollars for a few hundred coins, but not an option, and can't see myself spending $5 in order to buy one premium booster (two cards.). I get that devs need to make money, but it's monitization strategies like these that exclude me as a customer and are clearly intended for the impulsive player.

Last edited by gmattergames; 04-27-2017 at 09:01 AM.
04-27-2017, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmattergames View Post
This is actually turning out to be pretty decent. Can't say I share the same enthusiasm as others on the thread, but the core gameplay is fairly entertaining; unique in that it blends mechanics not normally associated with rpg's, most notably pool/billiards, pinball and breakout. I've always enjoyed Miniclips sports games: Soccer Stars, Hocky Stars, etc; their gameplay sharing similar billiards elements.

Rewards seem fair (so far), the game paying out enough coin in each area to buy a card. Deck/team management follows a familiar approach: currency-based progression/evolution, the source (crystals) obtained by disbanding cards. Iap's limited to coin/gems, used to purchase booster.

So far, paywall hasn't been discouraging but tempting enough to check currency iap's, which like so many ftp games, pricing starts at $5, with only premium currency (gems) available for purchase. And like so many other games, denominations sold, differ from booster pack pricing, forcing you to buy currency you cannot spend.

I'd be more than willing to pay a few dollars for a few hundred coins, but not an option, and can't see myself spending $5 in order to buy one premium booster (two cards.). I get that devs need to make money, but it's monitization strategies like these that exclude me as a customer and are clearly intended for the impulsive player.
Just FYI you can use the premium currency to refill your stamina to full. This is definitely the best use of the $5 purchase. It got me a lot of play time as a stamina refill only costs 2 currency...as stated in my posts above..