★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[SUBMITTED] Monkeys in Space: Escape to Banana Base Alpha!

10-23-2009, 06:58 PM
[SUBMITTED] Monkeys in Space: Escape to Banana Base Alpha!

Hi guys!

I'm in the final stretches of working on my newest game, Monkeys in Space: Escape to Banana Base Alpha! I thought you guys would like to see a little bit of the game before its release:

This is an important message from the Monkey Space Force:

Every day, hundreds of monkeys float helplessly in space. Who will save them? Will it be YOU?

If you think you're brave enough, you might be the right one for the job!

Take control of monkeys floating around in space and direct them to the Banana Stations! Touch a monkey and drag out a tractor beam to direct the monkey. Chain monkeys together into massive chains to score huge bonus points!

Check out the screen shots below!

My play testers love the game so far. A few of them are repeatedly battling it out for top score in the leaderboards. The game's really coming together and I find myself playing it when I should be working on it. It's always a good problem to have when you can't stop playing your own game.

My plan is to submit to Apple in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more videos and information about the game! If you have any questions, let me know.

UPDATE (Nov 9, 2009): The game has been submitted to Apple! I have posted a bunch of new screenshots below at Post #7!

UPDATE (Nov 16, 2009): I've added the official gameplay trailer! I've also started a Contest thread which has details on how you can win Monkeys in Space T-Shirts, iTunes Gift Cards, promo codes, and more! See the contest thread for full details!

Owen

Official Gameplay Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Click image for larger version

Name:	MiS_sneak_peak_01.png
Views:	18
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	9603

Name:	MiS_sneak_peak_02.png
Views:	11
Size:	322.5 KB
ID:	9604

Teaser Trailer

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by OTrain13; 11-16-2009 at 02:11 PM.
10-23-2009, 09:16 PM
yup, this game is definitely good and really has a good "one more time" factor going for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

10-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
yup, this game is definitely good and really has a good "one more time" factor going for it
Thanks Devilishly Good! I'm glad you're enjoying testing the game.

Owen
10-24-2009, 08:40 AM
i agree, i love testing this game. im not good enough to top the leaderboards yet though . ill keep trying though i guess . this game is definitely one to watch when it comes out.

Plus+ id: Fudgeboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
I find DG incredibly sexy, just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
You scare me, you honestly scare me
10-25-2009, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgeboy View Post
i agree, i love testing this game. im not good enough to top the leaderboards yet though . ill keep trying though i guess . this game is definitely one to watch when it comes out.
Thanks, Fudgeboy! I think so too...
10-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Some of you have been following my video blog posts chronicling the creation of Monkeys in Space. In today's episode I showed some gameplay footage publicly for the first time. If you want to see the game in action, check it out:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Owen
11-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Great news! I submitted Monkeys in Space: Escape to Banana Base Alpha to Apple this morning. Which means that if all goes well, the game with the cutest space monkeys on the App Store should be availble in about two weeks!

To celebrate, I thought I'd post a few new screenshots of the game for your viewing pleasure.

Name:	Screen_01.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	10436

Name:	Screen_02.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	10437

Name:	Screen_03.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	10438

Name:	Screen_04.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	10439

Name:	Screen_05.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	10440

I also hope to have a gameplay video up in the next 2-3 days, so keep your eyes peeled!

Owen
11-09-2009, 02:18 PM
OMG this is really bad news. So far, my addiction was limited by the fact that the game is only on Keith's phone, so he takes it away from me when he needs to work. I spent about 2 hours this morning trying to beat his high score (fail).

Although this is really really terrible and awful news, I'm very excited to get this on my own phone. So long, productivity...
11-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nattylux View Post
OMG this is really bad news. So far, my addiction was limited by the fact that the game is only on Keith's phone, so he takes it away from me when he needs to work. I spent about 2 hours this morning trying to beat his high score (fail).

Although this is really really terrible and awful news, I'm very excited to get this on my own phone. So long, productivity...
Hopefully Keith is actually "working" and hasn't taken the phone away so he can play the game .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-09-2009, 02:44 PM
I have been testing Monkeys in Space for quite awhile now, and it's definitely a must buy! The art and the music shows an attention to detail that is sorely missing in a lot of games. The game will keep you coming back, as beating somebody else's score is addictive! And who doesn't love monkeys?!! And space?!!

Last edited by Little White Bear Studios; 11-09-2009 at 02:52 PM.