★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Race Cat
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 125.7 MB
  • Version: 1.0.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Welcome to Match Land! Run a fantasy medieval market in this match 3 adventure!

Form a team of heroes then battle and catch critters to serve as ingredients for your fantasy food shops! Yum!

NEW action/turn-based match 3 gameplay!
Make multiple matches per turn to build up massive combos!
Unlock and upgrade over 25 fantasy food shops!
Form the ultimate critter catching team from 20 unique heroes!
Battle through over 300 levels and 25 formidable bosses!

----------

Follow and contact Race Cat at the following links:

Twitter:
@racecatgames

www.racecatgames.com

Boardumb's comments:

04-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Been beta testing and I guarantee you will like this game.
Run shops to gain coins and upgrade your characters.
Daily rewards are nice but upgrading is what keeps me coming back.

04-26-2017, 01:37 PM
I like this game!

only thing i feel sad is what this game wasn't premium game
04-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Thanks guys! Appreciate the testing, Jay.

www.racecatgames.com
@savorygames
04-26-2017, 02:58 PM
Such a shame that a potentially great game is ruined by Freemium economics. I've been playing it constantly for the last hour or so until I hit the timer/energy wall and therein lies the problem.....

The gameplay itself I like a lot - it's a good match3er with a slight twist in the fact that once you make your first move you've got a timer that runs which allows you to make bigger chains. The graphics are good and it's got a bit of style to it.

Unfortunately it's mired in freemium bollocks with multiple currecies and timers and energy (albeit fairly generous energy and timers).

Now I'm never going to write off a game just because it's free to play and I'm not giving up on this just yet, I'll probably give it a go again in the morning but unless I'm missing something (and in which case I apologise profusely) there's no IAP to remove the timers/energy and it does initially at least feel like the whole character and shop upgrade system is designed to have you spend money on consumables.

I
04-26-2017, 03:27 PM
This could have easily been another Hero Emblems (although it doesn't have the challenge of HE...yet?) but with its own twist (mix of turn-based and timed) but I really don't have patience for currencies, timers, incentives, and all that other nonsense that comes with these games. Such a shame. F2P match-threes are a dime a dozen and very easy to download and delete.

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 04-26-2017 at 03:29 PM.
04-26-2017, 03:27 PM
Does the game actually get challenging at some point? I know I've only completed the first chapter but there has been absolutely no challenge so far....
04-26-2017, 03:58 PM
I kind of have to agree with the above comments. This is a fun game and better than most match 3s, but the energy timers are a downer. If there was an IAP to remove them....
04-26-2017, 04:04 PM
My initial thought was, "wow... i am quite enjoying this game." And then I ran out of energy. Too bad as it happened very quickly for me.
04-26-2017, 04:05 PM
I really like the game. Being able to make multiple moves at a time is a nice twist. And the world has a funny premise. I like the collecting heroes bit. It does get harder as you go.

That said, the energy timer is killing it. If you want people to spend money on your game, then let them spend time in your game. The best FTP games don't have energy timers, or if they do, there is a simple opt-out purchase. I'm fine, even like resource-timers, but energy timers just make me think, "Huh? I guess I'll go spend my time (and therefore money) on something else."

If you had a $4.99 IAP to double coins and gems and remove energy requirements, I'd buy it.

Also, I'd like to see a "double coins and gems" IAP. I like to pay to speed games up, to buy into a premium experience. I don't want to simply buy fake currency to cheat the system with money.

Last edited by Styrixa; 04-26-2017 at 04:09 PM.