Controller for iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by SirMaximusOwnage, Apr 27, 2017.

1. SirMaximusOwnage

SirMaximusOwnage New Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Let me start by apologizing if this is in the wrong section of the forum.

I was looking for a controller for my PC, when I started to think about a controller for my 4th gen iPad.

It's simple, really. I have many unfinished games, like Zenonia and those like that, which I never beat because the controls were not great and it hurt my hands after awhile. So my question is to users that have more experience in this: Is there a comfortable iPad controller out there, in which to play my games with? It has to fit with more than just Zenonia, though, if there's even a controller that can do that out there.

Oh, and I know this may be asking too much but, controller support for Infinity Blade would be awesome as well. I find that game often does not respond well to my input, so I put it away.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Check out the Steelseries and Horipad MFI controllers. There's also the Gamevice, but those clip on to and plug into your device which I don't like so I can't recommend them myself, but I hear a lot of good things about them from people who don't mind that aspect.

3. SirMaximusOwnage

SirMaximusOwnage New Member

Apr 27, 2017
    Doesn't look like those will do it for the games I'm looking for. Turns out I don't really have any MFi compatible games. =P

Guess I'll just have to find another way to finish those games. Though the Zenonia series was free, so there's no pressure, there.

Thanks, anyways. =)

4. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #4 Nullzone, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
    Saw this thread only now.
    First of all, welcome to Toucharcade, enjoy your stay!

Don't know anything about controllers, as I never use them. But I do know a tad about RSI by now, so that's what I'll write about.

You write that your hands started to hurt after a while. Well, as someone who has it too, sounds very much like RSI to me. Welcome to the club ;)

Do you have that under other circumstances too, e.g. when typing a lot on a keyboard?
    Depending on what exactly causes it, a controller might not help (much). Best to consult with your doc and have it checked out.

Personally, I avoid any games that require a lot of - especially rapid - tapping; typically when you need to tap for each attack in a fighting game, instead of keeping the button pressed and you continue attacking: that's horrible for me, and makes my RSI flare up within minutes.

Anyways, best of luck, both with the controllers and your hands. And get the latter checked, please.

5. GiacomoLaw

GiacomoLaw Member

Apr 8, 2017
    Student
    UK
    I just got the Steelseries Nimbus, and it's great! I really recommend you check it out - makes games so much better!

6. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    If you ever do want a controller for mfi supported games the Nimbus pairs with my iPad 4 easily and feels comfortable when held, also the button placement is good.