★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Vintage Game Shop is a game about using your knowledge of retro or classic video games to make profit!

Everyday, people will come to your shop to sell you vintage games and consoles. Your goal is buying them as cheaply as possible, so you can earn some money when youll resell them to another client!

Your profit will enable you to buy rarer and more expensive items, so you can complete your personal game collection.

Will you earn enough money to buy all of the most iconic games in history?
04-27-2017, 05:55 PM
The games is free, and has no IAP. It does features some ads (rewarded videos) but they are always voluntary and optional (no banner ads or forced video ads).

Here is a short gameplay video of the game:

04-28-2017, 04:58 PM
I think that this app is a very good idea. The market of vintage consoles and games do really exists. This app should be considered as an entry point to a new startup. i predict a good future for this app.
04-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Thanks for your comment! I hope your prediction will come true !
04-28-2017, 07:55 PM
I just played for about two hours.
Some of the videos are only 15 seconds so I found myself watching videos about 110 in past couple hours.
You get free appraisals for watching one.
Game is entertaining to me
The prices of the games are pretty accurate for the most part.

Current Recommendations: Blocky Farm, Morphite, Cat Quest, Pocket Build
04-28-2017, 08:50 PM
Thanks for your feedback! As an amateur retro game collector myself, I tried to be "realistic" on the prices of the items shown in the game, at least for the common items. However, it's very difficult to be 100% accurate, as some items prices tend vary quite often (e.g. SNES & NES games), while others may differ heavily from one country / world region to another.

Regarding the unique or ultra-rare items, the prices have no "real-life" basis: you simply can't find them for sale (they belong to museum or private collectors).
04-29-2017, 12:51 AM
You can't use copyrighted intellectual properties and brands in your app, this is going to get delisted or you are going yo get a cease and desist. I'm also pretty sure the photos qualify as stolen assets.

Besides, it looks really ugly.

My advice is to create new art and parodies of these consoles and games. You can allude to them but you can't straight-up put Mario or a Sega Genesis in your game.
04-29-2017, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHamBoy View Post
You can't use copyrighted intellectual properties and brands in your app, this is going to get delisted or you are going yo get a cease and desist. I'm also pretty sure the photos qualify as stolen assets.

Besides, it looks really ugly.

My advice is to create new art and parodies of these consoles and games. You can allude to them but you can't straight-up put Mario or a Sega Genesis in your game.
I don't see any copyright infringement, When you publish a picture of your car to sell it is legal, no?
04-29-2017, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drludos View Post
Thanks for your comment! I hope your prediction will come true !
At first, before testing the app, I thought it was a platform to sell real games.
In fact it is a game of virtual trading.
This app made me realize that I would be quickly in bankrupt if I run a shop for real. Lol
In my opinion, the real interest of this app is to increase our knowledge of the games history.
04-29-2017, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean pierre View Post
I don't see any copyright infringement, When you publish a picture of your car to sell it is legal, no?
That's a little different. You aren't taking pictures of cars to put into a game where you make a profit. These are legit products used without authorization in a game where the creator is making ad revenue. That won't fly.