★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Note: 1GB RAM and internet connection required for full experience. See lightseekers.com/devicecheck for more information.

Lightseekers - the next generation action adventure RPG that connects smart action figures, trading cards and more!

Join the Lightseekers, save Tantos from the invading umbron and become a legend!
Explore beautiful and fantastic lands, meet colorful characters, battle feared beasts and quest to uncover the worlds mysterious past.

Grow your powers through epic gear and new abilities. Collect pets & companions that fight alongside you. Supercharge your weapons with the elemental powers of rare Lightstones and become the most powerful Lightseeker ever! As your hero evolves, so does the world around you. New lands to explore, quests to face, enemies to defeat and powerful gear to equip are added often based on what you, the Lightseekers community, tell us you want.

Add optional smart action figures, interchangeable weapons, motion controlled flight packs and augmented reality trading cards (sold separately) to take your play to the next level! The game, cards, and figures can each be enjoyed on their own, but together they create next level connected play.

Welcome to Lightseekers!

*Smart action figures and trading cards are not required to play Lightseekers
*System requirements: Internet connection and 1GB memory required for optimal experience.

Boardumb's comments:

05-01-2017, 01:22 PM
This has released now in the US, UK and CA and I'm sure they said other areas soon. It's an actual release not a softone

05-01-2017, 03:52 PM
It was in beta since Nov. or Dec.,but only for the Kickstarters who funded the game. Its part of an entire Toys2Life eco system that includes smart toys, action figures, a physical CCG, that interface with the game thru Bluetooth and augmented reality. It's pretty cool.

The game is totally free without any of the f2p shenanigans.(ads, timers, IAP's) and you don't need any of the physical add-ons or toys to play or complete the game. I think they're going to treat this as a continual service with monthly updates & added content. I don't know how they intend to sustain this for long. I guess they're relying on the success of the sales of the toys which are really cool, but a little pricey.

The game is cool. If you played any of The Skylanders games on mobile then you're familiar with how this game plays. It's worth a look. The thing which I think will turn some people off is the online requirement to play,

Last edited by yankeeblue000; 05-01-2017 at 06:58 PM.
05-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeblue000 View Post
It was in beta since Nov. or Dec.,but only for the Kickstarters who funded the game. Its part of entire Toys2Life eco system that includes smart toys, action figures, a physical CCG, that interface with the game thru Bluetooth and augmented reality. It's pretty cool.

The game is totally free. Without any of the f2p shenanigans.(ads, timers, IAP's) and you don't need any of the physical addons to complete the game.I think they're going to treat this as a continual service with monthly updates & added content. I don't know how they intend to sustain this for long. I guess they're relying on the success of the sales of the toys which are really cool, but a little pricey.

The game is cool. If you played any of The Skylanders games on mobile then you're familiar with how this game plays. It's worth a look. The thing which I think will turn some people off is the online requirement to play,
Thats going to be the catch isnt it how well the cards or toys do to support the game. It could be like another disney you buy all the stuff and then they decide to drop it.

EA mobile Game Changer member + Streamer on touchgameplay
05-01-2017, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscaretaker View Post
Thats going to be the catch isnt it how well the cards or toys do to support the game. It could be like another disney you buy all the stuff and then they decide to drop it.
I guess we'll see. I like theseToys2Life games (Skylanders, Disney Infinity) I hope they do well and don't end up in the same situation. This Dev seems dedicated and really passionate about this game. Hopefully for the gamers and crowdfunders they stay invested long term
05-01-2017, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeblue000 View Post
I guess we'll see. I like theseToys2Life games (Skylanders, Disney Infinity) I hope they do well and don't end up in the same situation. This Dev seems dedicated and really passionate about this game. Hopefully for the gamers and crowdfunders they stay invested long term
Aye they have been very active socially and with the public. Amazon.com and toys r us are going to be selling their stuff so it is a great start for a company I'd never heard of before the development of this game.

I even did the Kickstarter and the closed beta, didn't play much though as I knew they would reset progress.
05-02-2017, 01:43 AM
05-02-2017, 04:06 AM
The game looks a lot like dungeon hunter.
05-02-2017, 05:33 AM
It definitely seems promising, But I'm definitely not a fan of the controls, at all. Ŵith no MFI support, and trying to play on my 12.9" iPad Pro, with small hands, is very frustrating.
05-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Just tried it with no figures...and it's rather bland,lack of real story and dull combat,it look pretty but I expected especially because they mention Diablo as an inspiration to see something far better.On the other side there are no stamina,no iap,no auto attack but it's lacking something to actually be considered worth it,so basically it is not the Skylanders killer I was waiting for(Spyro must come back!) and even with the figures I don't think it have any chance to succeed,too simple,too linear,no exploration,no variety,the cutscene look uninspired and badly made(still pictures),it try to copy far too much Skylanders and talk like we were small babies.....basically it suck.