★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "extremely manic and electrifying, a unique combination of hyper-fast dodging and thoughtful pathfinding" -Gamezebo

"ridiculously brutal, but it won't be brutal on your wallet: it's only $0.99 without any sight of in-app purchases. Wow." -TouchArcade

Ever Knight is an endless, arcade-style hack and slash with simple controls and fast-paced action. Swipe up, down, left, or right to move and attack. Every battle fills the screen with enemies that can kill in a single blow, and only swift reflexes and precise timing will save you.

The farther you get, the more loot you can unlock to customize your knights appearance and abilities. Suit up with samurai armor and a shield-cutting chainsaw, or maybe try on an astronaut helmet that randomly causes enemies to explode.

Its fun and fast, perfect for taking your mind off of just about anything.

Features Include:
-An endless onslaught of evil with 17 levels of difficulty to unlock
-37 unique pieces of gear to unlock and customize your Knight with
-Colorful, arcade-style graphics and animations
-Diverse and challenging baddies
-4 directional swipe controls specifically designed for mobile
-Blood-pumping soundtrack

Foolish Mortal's comments:
The game is 0.99 USD with no IAPs. Here's a link to what Touch Arcade said if you're having a hard time parting with that hard-earned dollar.

Youtube link | Pop Up

App Store:
05-03-2017, 06:09 AM
Yeah, this is brilliant! Weirdly, I'd say it actually plays a lot like Crypt of the Necrodancer if it were a runner. There's definitely a rhythm aspect in that there's a fraction of a second before the guards attack which you can use to plan a route. Also, like Necrodancer, working out each enemy's attack pattern is essential. It's one of those games, like Boson X and a ton of others, where you'll occasionally find yourself in The Zone, where, for at least a little while, you feel like your brain and reflexes are functioning at 100% and you can do no wrong...until you do wrong and die. That feeling is what games like this are made for. The upgrades make a significant change to the gameplay (make sure you save up your first 100 coins for the laser-shooting, shield-penetrating sword). Could end up being a bit of an arcade classic. Well worth actually buyng if you didn't get a code.

05-03-2017, 07:38 AM
ooo this is out, been waiting!
is this premium or are there ads dual currency etc? Also how are the controls? do you need to swipe like a madman for each step?

Last edited by ramzarules; 05-03-2017 at 07:53 AM.
05-03-2017, 08:01 AM
I think its not worth the money.....
05-03-2017, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealist82 View Post
I think its not worth the money.....
Care to elaborate on that?
05-03-2017, 08:08 AM
I'm mixed about this.

But I'm usually turned off by a huge amount of grinding in high score chasers. It takes a lot of coins to unlock new equipment and you have to actually walk over a coin to pick it up, wasting more time. I like the checkpoints, but if you use them, it makes it harder to earn coins because you're just trying to survive. So it becomes about taking the easier route for a while (long while?) to earn coins more easily and then later worry about going a longer distance. I guess if you're looking for a time sink, you might be all in.

Loot would have at least kept me more interested than just coins for equipment. At least then I could hope for some cool drop.

There's also an exclamation point on my hero and I'm not sure why. Usually something like that would lead to another exclamation point where the game is trying to tell you something, but I can't find anything like that.

Anyway, here's some video of me dying an awful lot. And you can see prices of items to see if it's too grindy or just the right amount of grind for you.

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 05-03-2017 at 08:17 AM.
05-03-2017, 08:35 AM
The green exclamation mark is the game letting you know that you can afford some new equipment.
05-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinagog View Post
The green exclamation mark is the game letting you know that you can afford some new equipment.
That's what I figured, but shouldn't it disappear once I see that? Or will it only go away after I buy something?
05-03-2017, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
That's what I figured, but shouldn't it disappear once I see that? Or will it only go away after I buy something?
The latter. I uh think erm it's the game...totally commenting on the nature of capitalism...or something, man.

Like I said, get that second sword and things get a fair bit easier, plus you end up reeling in quite a few more coins so it's a good investment. In the later levels, I think it drops clusters of coins as opposed to single coins, so it might be worth starting a little way in. I actually really like that system. Getting to start at later checkpoints turns that into the equivalent of a campaign mode.
05-03-2017, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinagog View Post
The latter. I uh think erm it's the game...totally commenting on the nature of capitalism...or something, man.

Like I said, get that second sword and things get a fair bit easier, plus you end up reeling in quite a few more coins so it's a good investment. In the later levels, I think it drops clusters of coins as opposed to single coins, so it might be worth starting a little way in. I actually really like that system. Getting to start at later checkpoints turns that into the equivalent of a campaign mode.
I like the checkpoints, too, but right now the prices of equipment seem daunting for how little you pick up.

And why couldn't the coins from enemies just be picked up automatically? Never been a fan of this design -- I did the work of killing them, now let me have what I earned!

And again, even a small possibility of looting those items would have been nice. Even though this game isn't full of IAPs, it seems like those F2P games have caused developers to forget that you used to actually loot equipment in games, not just buy everything with coins!

Current high is 90 -- I want to try to get to 100 so gonna ignore coins for a bit.

Btw, isn't there a leaderboard? I can't find it (or any settings, for that matter -- like if I want to shut off the music?).

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 05-03-2017 at 08:54 AM.