★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Construct gladiator academies, armories, infirmaries, government buildings, and arenas as you unlock a diverse map, with jungles, deserts, mountains, and volcanoes. Build, manage, and defend your territory, as you conquer new worlds and solidify your place in history. What you do in life echoes in eternity, so step into the arena and defend your empire, in Gladiator Heroes! You are both a warrior and an emperor in this new and exciting strategy game.

The more prosperous your empire becomes, the better the gladiators and weaponry that you acquire. Design, train and outfit your warriors, and then lead them into deadly battles where they can show off their newly acquired skills and weapons. Bask in the glory as your small village grows into a formidable empire, and your young, untrained gladiators become the most fearsome opponents.

Show your strength and defend your honor in Gladiator Heroes. Those who are about to die, salute you!

GAME FEATURES:
* MULTIPLAYER! Play with friends and compete in the rankings. Discover new player divisions and the auto combat feature.
* You control the construction and growth of your cities.
* Fight in a variety of impressive arenas throughout the empire, from sweltering deserts to snowy tundra
* Win gold, weaponry, and new skills in deadly showdowns
* Place your gladiators strategically to take out their opponents
* Design, name and train your gladiators, then watch at they evolve into indomitable killers

The game includes subscriptions! Become a VIP and you'll be able to construct two buildings at once, and cut healing times in half.

Please note that Gladiator Heroes is completely free to play, however you will have the option to buy some in-game items for real money. If you prefer not to use this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your mobile devices settings. Although this game is compatible with iOS 8 and up, it is recommended for iOS 9.

Boardumb's comments:

05-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Woohoo!
Congrats on the global release!!

This game has evolved SO MUCH during the soft launch, it's really an amazing game.
The devs poured their hearts into this one and it shows, well done.
The art, the combat, etc. I'm a fan.

I love collecting and training my gladiators and the addition of multiplayer has increased the fun.

Congrats!

05-03-2017, 11:41 PM
Looks fun but is it pay to win as I noticed the word Subscriptions for VIP in the Game description above.
05-03-2017, 11:48 PM
Is combat turn based? It looks like one. What about offline play?
05-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan Fox View Post
Looks fun but is it pay to win as I noticed the word Subscriptions for VIP in the Game description above.
Subscription just allows an extra building queue and faster recovery times. Does not give extra power or anything at all, very fair.
And to answer about combat, no it is not turn based.
You do not control your gladiators directly but you DO control the use of skills and abilities and you need good timing for the harder fights.

It's more about training your gladiators, getting and crafting good equipment etc.

I hope this game gets some attention the devs put so much love into this. It missed the App Store banner ad for some reason but it's really a top notch game. Check out their Facebook page too!
05-04-2017, 03:39 PM
Anyone know how to get more wood storage? I have a sawmill level three but that doesn't increase anything.
The problem is I need to upgrade my headquarters but it takes 2000 wood. My storage is only 2000 and it won't let me collect bundles of wood if it goes past 2000. I'm at 1908 wood. So I can't get to the 2000 needed to upgrade but I can't figure out how to get more storage in order to be able to get the needed wood.
05-04-2017, 04:11 PM
There is a wood storage building, for one. For two, you can awkwardly clear trees to convert coins into wood -- it usually gives you about 1 wood per two gold, so find a small shrub that costs 500 or less.
05-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Oh my god. Ten minutes of gameplay and my phone is literally on fire and my battery 20% down. Jesus
05-04-2017, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaHeartily View Post
Is combat turn based? It looks like one. What about offline play?
Yeah that first image makes it totally look like a turn based tactics game, but it's not. In fact, I think that image is false advertising because there's no grid at all. The combat is all automated. The only thing you do is place the fighters where you want them and then activate their abilities.
Why are so many developers dumbing down games this way? So disappointing. Removes the challenge and instead just makes it about the addiction inducing level up loop, turning all us gamers into crack babies
05-05-2017, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
Woohoo!
Congrats on the global release!!

This game has evolved SO MUCH during the soft launch, it's really an amazing game.
The devs poured their hearts into this one and it shows, well done.
The art, the combat, etc. I'm a fan.

I love collecting and training my gladiators and the addition of multiplayer has increased the fun.

Congrats!
I downloaded it because of your post and so far so good, the graphics are good but not as cool as those in the images and it's a little sad combat is automatic but there is at least some strategy in there with abilities and unit placement plus the abilities you pick.

Mainly it seems like a game you just work to level up your town and characters ect because it's addicting getting more and getting better. Would have been nice for it to be a bit deeper character wise but still good for a mobile game.