★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** We are aware of the text and graphic issues caused when upgrading to OS 4.0 and we promise that an update as well as a few other surprises are coming very soon! --- Zoo Mobile.

Get ready for a puzzle game unlike any youve ever seen!

Groovin Blocks brings a unique mix of Rock Band-style beat matching to classic puzzle gameplay.

Its addictive!

Maneuver colorful blocks and drop them in like-colored clusters to clear the board. But this is not your average puzzle gamethis is the first puzzle game where you get rewarded for playing to the rhythm of the music.

An original soundtrack with all new beats really drives the puzzles in Groovin Blocks.

Drop the blocks on the beat for higher scores and bonusesand really let the music take over!

And for the first time, youll be able to take this successful Wii title on-the-go with a whole new iPhone edition!

Play to the music with Groovin Blocks!

Features:
Play to the rhythm of the music to increase your score, and try to hit Superbeats to double your multiplier
High intensity original soundtrack
Go for the high score in over 50 levelsthe beats get faster and the stages get harder!
Stars are awarded for high scores and bonusesallow you to unlock power-ups and new songs!
3 skill levels appeal to everyonefrom the casual gamer to the hardcore puzzle fan
Features colorblind mode
Guide & manipulate the blocks using the iPhones touch screen interface

"Groovin' Blocks works its way under you skin with a neat combination of puzzle and beat-matching gameplay" -- Pocket Gamer UK

"Groovin' Blocks' musical / rhythm component really does set it apart from the pack." -- Touch Arcade

"Groovin Blocks on the iPhone is an absolute steal at a $1.99, which is six bucks cheaper than the WiiWare download. Without the music angle, Groovin Blocks would have faded into the crowd faster than you can say match three. But with the excellent soundtrack woven into the actual gameplay, Groovin Blocks provides a fun puzzle experience for music-minded gamers, especially those that appreciate electronic and chip tunes." -- Wireless IGN

Squirt Reynolds's comments:

Lite: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=333186531&mt=8

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-24-2009, 08:12 AM
I would hope the full is coming shortly after (by shortly, I don't mean weeks, I mean hours)

I have been waiting for this game for almost 3 weeks.
I have also been in contact with the developer on the "rejection" or "approval" status.

I played the lite version and now I know I love the game, come on Apple approve the full version already.
This is cruelty teasing me like this!!!

10-24-2009, 08:12 AM
I heard about this game.........was supposed to be good, but it looks pretty typical. Can anyone who has tried it let me know if there is anything unique about this game? Am I missing something ?
10-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I heard about this game.........was supposed to be good, but it looks pretty typical. Can anyone who has tried it let me know if there is anything unique about this game? Am I missing something ?

It's sort of like columns, but you get extra points for dropping blocks on beat, and they destroy the same color by just being connected, plus powerups

The lite is free, you wouldn't lose anything to try it
10-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Are there global high scores in the full version ?
10-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Are there global high scores in the full version ?
That's a good question

another thing, when you set the difficulty higher, blocks also drop in square formation like in lumines

the full version is supposed to have a lot of music
the quality of the music is great, like lumines
10-24-2009, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I would hope the full is coming shortly after (by shortly, I don't mean weeks, I mean hours)

I have been waiting for this game for almost 3 weeks.
I have also been in contact with the developer on the "rejection" or "approval" status.

I played the lite version and now I know I love the game, come on Apple approve the full version already.
This is cruelty teasing me like this!!!
According to the description, it has a beat-matching component.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-24-2009, 08:51 AM
without global high scores, I will not be buying the game. This is a must feature for me.
10-24-2009, 08:58 AM
How much is the full version?
10-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Quote:
without global high scores, I will not be buying the game. This is a must feature for me.

Maybe I am old, but the lack of that feature will never come between me and a great video game. I grew up playing video games when nobody knew what the internet was.
I am 33 , but in video game years, I feel like I may be 63

I don't care if games have 'online' play either so I know I am a gaming senior citizen