★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Run Teddy Run - Free Iphone game released

10-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Run Teddy Run - Free Iphone game released

Hi All,

IŽm the developer of a new Iphone game called Run Teddy Run! which was released in the AppStore this week. The game is available as a free download.

The object of the game is to control Teddy and run jump and slide his way through an obstacle course of the sprawling bodies of decapitated and burning teddies. Along the way there are power-ups to help Teddy including a force field to provide teddy with limited invincibility and a jet pack. There are also suicide bomber teddies that fall from the sky that will need to be detonated before they hit Teddy.

AppStore Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=333211132&mt=8

Below is a video which shows the basic gameplay

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by neattouch; 10-24-2009 at 09:12 AM.
10-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
the gameplay looks like run with a different theme and powerups
i will definitly try this out later

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games

Last edited by mattll; 10-24-2009 at 08:52 AM.

10-24-2009, 09:06 AM
The game play is a lot like Run. I actually hadnŽt seen Run when I started to develop this and RunŽs success is the reason I decided to release it as a free app. Hope you all enjoy.
10-24-2009, 09:19 AM
Send a message via MSN to darchinst Send a message via Yahoo to darchinst
Love run, like the sound of this. Does runs success mean you won't be working on this anymore?

currently switching back & forth between: Infinity Blade, Kosmo Spin, Wispin, Sentinel 3, Pix'n Love Rush, Word Warrior, WordFu, Solipskier, Fruit Ninja, and some others..
10-24-2009, 09:38 AM
IŽll definitely fix bugs if there are any and depending on whether people like it or not IŽll also release updates. It really depends on how much interest there is and how much time I have.
10-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neattouch View Post
IŽll definitely fix bugs if there are any and depending on whether people like it or not IŽll also release updates. It really depends on how much interest there is and how much time I have.
If you haven't made some, make some add's in the game (but please only in the menu, I hate games with adds everywhere )
10-24-2009, 10:40 AM
I posted comments in the other RTR thread...my one critique is that I would like it much better if Teddy would jump when you touched the screen vs now where the jump is triggered when you lift your finger...and wouldn't mind seeing a bigger hit area for the jump button...it's kinda easy to not have a tap register

also when we restart a game after the initial 1st game, can we skip the girl saying "run Teddy run!"...it starts grating after repeatedly restarting

would love to see more enemies and powerups

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-24-2009, 11:41 AM
The reason the Teddy doesn't jump until you lift your finger off the screen is that until your finger is lifted off the game can't tell if you want to jump or if you plan to drag your finger down to slide. There isn't actuall a jump button, you can tap anywhere on the screen to jump. Do you mean the detonate button?

I'll make a note about adding an option to deactivate the "run teddy run" scene in the menu for when I next update the code. I supose it can get a bit annoying if you play it a number of times in a row :-)
10-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Hmmm, lol, I didn't know there was a dtonate button...but no I meant that there were times when I would tap to jump and nothing would happen...it seemed to happen if I tapped really low on the lower left of the screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.