★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A challenging, pick up and play, minimalist skiing game powered by physics.

Just Ski!

JeffWeber's comments:

Official Trailer

How To Play

Crash Clip

Gifs...Gifs...Gifs...
05-09-2017, 11:49 PM
Having a bear of a time getting used to these controls. Definitely not add intuitive as Ski Safari or Altos Adventure

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 05-09-2017 at 11:59 PM.

05-10-2017, 01:01 AM
The controls are definitely unique in style but I can see the potential when you get used to them.

Is in not procedurally generated? I'm not getting very far yet but it's the same every time so far. Maybe it's just the beginning that's "set", like Altos.
05-10-2017, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Having a bear of a time getting used to these controls. Definitely not add intuitive as Ski Safari or Altos Adventure
Yes, the controls are a bit less forgiving than typical skiing games. Just Ski attempts to keep the physics a little more true to life and that takes some getting use to. It is rewarding once you get a feel for it though. I encourage you to stick with it.

Slide thumb up to get some spin going into a jump. In the air, slide your thumb down to crouch and spin faster or up to extend and spin slower.

-Jeff
05-10-2017, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
The controls are definitely unique in style but I can see the potential when you get used to them.

Is in not procedurally generated? I'm not getting very far yet but it's the same every time so far. Maybe it's just the beginning that's "set", like Altos.
Just Ski is not procedural generated... and it's not endless. :-) Your goal: get to the end.

Some things to note: The sky changes color the further you get: Red, orange, yellow...etc. The color of the sun marks your furthest progress.
05-10-2017, 05:03 AM
I just tried the very first jump 50+ times and crashed every time.

This isn't arcady or forgiving, for sure.

The real race is this: - Will it click for me... or will I delete it in frustration?

řƹȡ1
05-10-2017, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
I just tried the very first jump 50+ times and crashed every time.

This isn't arcady or forgiving, for sure.

The real race is this: - Will it click for me... or will I delete it in frustration?
50 times is a bit much. Thanks for sticking with it that long.

Make sure you keep your thumb in the vertical range indicated by the little green dot on the start screen. Then, in the air, really pay attention to your spin and extend or crouch as needed to line up for the landing. It takes some finesse, but it's truly something you can get good at.

Good luck.
05-10-2017, 05:26 AM
Thanks Jeff.

I eventually managed to get past a couple of jumps, but it felt more flukey than skill.

I love the simplicity of the graphics and minimalistic sound effects, but the controls / timing is too hard for me.

Just wipeout!

řƹȡ1
05-10-2017, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red1 View Post
Thanks Jeff.

I eventually managed to get past a couple of jumps, but it felt more flukey than skill.

I love the simplicity of the graphics and minimalistic sound effects, but the controls / timing is too hard for me.

Just wipeout!
No problem. It's not for everyone. :-) Thanks for giving it a go. Come back to it sometime if you get bored.

-Jeff
05-10-2017, 06:47 AM
Ooo been waiting for this off to buy it now.