★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

China opening up? (Yes or No?)

10-24-2009, 03:20 PM
China opening up? (Yes or No?)

Just wanted to know if anyone had details on the situation regarding selling apps into China on iTunes?

Also wanted to know if China does open up for our games, if developers are worried about seeing their games being copied and re-published quickly.

Do games have to be categorized as entertainment on iTunes to even be considered in China?

Infos and comments please!

If Chinese developers (Fwish where are you?) could help out with info that would be grrrreat.
10-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated Puzzles View Post
Just wanted to know if anyone had details on the situation regarding selling apps into China on iTunes?
You've always been able to purchase apps on the Chinese iTunes. Just not games. Has to do with the iPod/iPhone not being approved as a gaming device by the government.

Quote:
Also wanted to know if China does open up for our games, if developers are worried about seeing their games being copied and re-published quickly.
Not sure why it raises the risk more than today.

Quote:
Do games have to be categorized as entertainment on iTunes to even be considered in China?
For the moment, yes. My money is on that changing fairly quickly. Can't imagine Apple being too happy that the biggest sellers can't be bought, or will have to have duplicate copies in Entertainment, clogging up the review system.

10-24-2009, 04:41 PM
yes, only app not game are currently available in the china app store.

We did not know exactly why or when, but in our case, we have decide to fully translated our games in 10 languages including the chinese simplified.

So to guide you on your "yes or no" question, in our vision, we are ready in case of a change in the china app store.

Bubble Nervous and Paradise Monkeys is now available on the App Store ! VETASOFT

Join us at the Vetasoft Facebook Page's for exclusive news, reviews, previews and more...
10-24-2009, 08:01 PM
no
game is now in China.
10-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwish View Post
no
game is now in China.
When did this happen????

Edit: Hmmm, not all my games are there yet. They must be in the middle of putting everything in...
10-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwish View Post
no
game is now in China.
Is Simplified Chinese the correct language to be translating to for the App Store?
10-24-2009, 10:20 PM
Eh Fwish,
Your English is perfect when you are describing your own games! How come now when we need you to articulate properly the cat has got your (tongue) vocabulary!
10-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Currently, China does NOT allow the "entertainment" or "games" category of iTunes.

This is because the Ministry of Culture has determined that content to be incompatible with the focus of China and in violation of censorship protocols.

Article to show Chinas Communist Party that controls all forms of media in the country: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/05/bu...al/05yuan.html

We Are Pocket Monkey Games
Website | Twitter | Facebook

•Our Games on the AppStore•
10-24-2009, 11:07 PM
Hi Little White Bear,

I used these guys to translate for me and they did a great job. I had a Chinese friend read the translation and he was very impressed. Turn around was very quick! They are fluent in English (one of them actually is an American) making the whole process simple.( I suggested they post their services on Touch Arcade! )

I have no hesitation recommending Sino App!

Here is the info
sino.app
sino-app.com
shanghai, china
sino.app@gmail.com

Last edited by Syndicated Puzzles; 10-24-2009 at 11:37 PM.
10-24-2009, 11:12 PM
PocketMonkey,

Never underestimate the power of the US dollar! Check out the Chinese iTunes store!
Green is the colour that makes anything possible!