★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Take the challenge and build your reputation on the ULTIMATE WWII AIR RACE game!
Leave your mark by Winning Epic Races of rare intensity. Unique visuals, sound effects, and gyroscope controls enable for a full 360 degrees flight in 3D space that create an immersive game experience.

-The Plane collection of your dream
Take the plunge of a highly detailed WWII planes flying the fastest motor sport on earth! Unlock more than 90 plane variants, including iconic Mustang, Tomahawk, Messerschmitt, Spitfire, MiG and A6M Zero.

-Incredible fun
Compete in more than 100 unique races in different environments ranging from large canyons to heavily forested hills, high mountains, beaches, and valleys. Choose from five game modes Normal, Slow Down, Elimination, Timed Races and Death Races.

- Real-Time Racing
Compete against opponents from around the world or race against your friends in real-time challenges. If multiplayer is not your thing or if you want to practice offline, drop into any race to challenge the AI-Controlled version with adjustable difficulty.

- Customize and Upgrade
Customize your plane with a wide range of paint but this is only the start. You can get under the hood and tune your engine, firepower, shield and fine-tune your steering. View the action from a variety of camera angles.

Cross platform multiplayer between iOS, macOS, and tvOS.
Takes advantage of Metal, iCloud, GameCenter, Replay Kit and AirPlay.
Supports MFi controllers.
Localized in 10 languages.

Boardumb's comments:

05-10-2017, 08:46 PM
I have yet to meet a plance racer done right. I would wait for some reviews first.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)

05-10-2017, 09:13 PM
Controls?

Are there only gyroscopic controls? I hope not...

Last edited by BaronMunchausen; 05-11-2017 at 12:05 AM.
05-11-2017, 02:12 AM

The game has button controls as well, but they feel a bit stiff and there are no sensitivity settings
05-11-2017, 07:40 AM
This looks really fun, I love the old school planes.

I think it'll be better that it's less open world and a more defined space / races, should keep things more active.

Woohoooo
05-11-2017, 09:16 AM
First off, I instabuy every Sky Gamblers game, but I was worried about this one. I wasn't sure the racing aspect would be interesting enough (even as someone who lives near the Reno Air Races). Nevertheless, I bought, and played, and played, and played... this is definitely worth it! Really fun. I had to turn the controls to simulation in order to be able to make some of the turns in the courses. No problem, as that's the control scheme I use in the other SG games.
05-11-2017, 10:00 AM
its made by another indie studio

05-11-2017, 10:19 AM
I know there is Gamecenter but are there achievements?

Watched both videos, all I saw was the Game Center banner. If anyone bought or owns this game, pls respond.

Last edited by DonnyDJ76; 05-11-2017 at 12:00 PM.
05-11-2017, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
I know there is Gamecenter but are there achievements?

Watched both videos, all I saw was the Game Center banner. If anyone bought or owns this game, pls respond.
Yes there are achievements
05-11-2017, 01:26 PM
Thought atypical games made sky gamblers?...