★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: SumiKen : Ink Blade Samurai is an endless runner hack and slash samurai game drawn in unique Japanese ink painting style. This game features fast paced samurai slashing action set in the beautiful landscape of Japan, with characters ranging from samurai to ninja.

Activate character's Ink mode, a special skill that makes you stronger in battle by striking down enemies and cutting bamboos. Journeying through 150 missions, players will begin perfecting their swordsmanship, survive through various hazards and meet new characters.

The game mechanic is an easy to learn, but difficult to master swipe system which require precise timing and swipe direction in order to land the perfect strike.

Play as one of the seven characters, including the samurai, ninja and more, each with their own unique Ink mode abilities, in order to defeat the endless enemies in battle.

Features
----------------------------------------------------------------
-Endless fast paced samurai slashing action
-Easy to learn, hard to master swipe system
-Land perfect strikes with precise timing and slash direction
-7 playable characters with unique abilities
-Minimalist Japanese ink brush painting style
-150 challenging missions

Boardumb's comments:

05-10-2017, 08:42 PM
It's downloading now. I'll report back with impressions in a bit! I've been looking forward to this one!!

Billy

05-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Ok,

Initial impressions are I freaken LOVE IT!! I love the game play. I love there are upgrades for the character. You collect coins from each kill and use the coins to upgrade all sorts of skills. You unlock characters at certain levels. I'm already level 3. The tutorial shows you everything you need to know. The artwork is outstanding. The sounds are outstanding. It's a fully premium game which is outstanding!!

I'm so happy with this one. It reminds me of Samurai Blitz in a way, a good way. It's definitely different. It's just very very satisfying when you land a blow. There are 3 missions to succeed in order to level up. At level 11 I get the next character. So I'm going back right now to go achieve that. There is leaderboards with Game center as well.

Billy
05-10-2017, 10:10 PM
Endless, upgrades, collecting, gameplay are all there.
Recommend trying this one if you like value for your money
05-11-2017, 03:49 AM
like Billy sais, if you liked Samurai Blitz you will love this. Or Kenshin great art, animation, unlockable characters and the flash effect when you get a perfect kill makes this too much fun to pass up. I've managed to unlock the second one, dont know what the others are.
05-11-2017, 04:24 AM
I'm a Japanese guy lol

I can see how the dev likes our country

I'm glad about that!!
05-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Thank you so much for the support! Here a poster I drew to go with the game release. Hope you guys enjoy the game

05-12-2017, 11:58 AM
Love the game but it's locking up from time to time and I have to shut down and restart. Playing on iPhone 6+
Anyone else having this issue?
05-12-2017, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shfrost View Post
Love the game but it's locking up from time to time and I have to shut down and restart. Playing on iPhone 6+
Yes on Ipad Air, also change the pause button from bottom to top. I keep pausing the game on Ipad.
05-12-2017, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shfrost View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
Yes on Ipad Air, also change the pause button from bottom to top. I keep pausing the game on Ipad.
Hi guys, thanks for reporting the bug, I heard this issue from my friends as well. Working on various fixes currently. Will be updating the game for you guys within next week if possible. Thanks!