★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Mousecity
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 305.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: In Faraway you're an adventurer exploring the ruins of ancient temples full of challenges and mysterious puzzles.

You're walking in footsteps of your father. He was a collector of unusual artifacts who went missing 10 years ago. Your journey will take you from deserts and oasis to old crumbling ruins of a mysterious civilization. They had constructed devices and puzzles to see if you're worthy of knowing their secrets. Observe the environment, collect items, manipulate devices and solve perplexing puzzles to escape temple labyrinths.

COMPELLING PUZZLES
Explore 18 grand temples packed with puzzles.

IMMERSIVE WORLD
Easy to navigate 3D world which holds more secrets than it appears on the surface.

INTRIGUING MYSTERY
Collect pages from your missing dad's diary to find out what happened to your family.

TRY FOR FREE
You get to try the game before you buy. First 9 levels are available free of charge!

Boardumb's comments:


05-11-2017, 06:05 PM
#2
Just played the first two levels. Lovely lovely lovely point n click game so far! The first 9 levels are all free which is very nice, I'll definitely be buying the full game.

05-11-2017, 07:33 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
Just played the first two levels. Lovely lovely lovely point n click game so far! The first 9 levels are all free which is very nice, I'll definitely be buying the full game.
What's the price on the full game?
05-12-2017, 12:48 AM
#4
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony78 View Post
What's the price on the full game?
It says 3,49 euros but it says -40%. Perhaps it is a price drop with discount for a small period of time and then it might be more expensive. To tell you the truth, I'm tempted to buy despite the fact that I have already games to finish. It's like the "Room" games but with less complex (I don't know for later on though) and small free open levels.

Last edited by nkarafo; 05-12-2017 at 01:34 AM.
05-12-2017, 06:55 AM
#5
Just finished the first 6 levels!

Definitely not super tough yet, but the levels are a joy to explore and solve. It's almost like walking through temple sized puzzle boxes!
The levels have consistently been getting bigger and more interesting, so I'm hoping for some very expansive levels later on, but no matter what I'll hardly be disappointed. It's a really enjoyable game to puzzle through at a casual pace.

There's also 3 notes hidden in each level; I went through many levels wondering how on earth there could be 3 (I didn't find all 3 in any of the first 5 levels), and then in world 6 I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are some optional secret puzzles for some notes! Great touch.

Pick it up - it's free, and the first 9 levels are a generous amount of content for that price tag of 0. Bought the full game and looking forward to playing through it!

Last edited by TheGreatEscaper; 05-12-2017 at 07:24 AM.
05-12-2017, 09:50 AM
#6
I was hesitant to purchase at first because I wasn't sure what the $2.99 gets. But it does indeed give you all levels 1 - 18. So the savings is compared to buying each bonus pack separately. And no ads -- before I paid, I got a video ad starting at level 5.
05-12-2017, 10:38 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
Just finished the first 6 levels!

Definitely not super tough yet, but the levels are a joy to explore and solve. It's almost like walking through temple sized puzzle boxes!
The levels have consistently been getting bigger and more interesting, so I'm hoping for some very expansive levels later on, but no matter what I'll hardly be disappointed. It's a really enjoyable game to puzzle through at a casual pace.

There's also 3 notes hidden in each level; I went through many levels wondering how on earth there could be 3 (I didn't find all 3 in any of the first 5 levels), and then in world 6 I was pleasantly surprised to find that there are some optional secret puzzles for some notes! Great touch.

Pick it up - it's free, and the first 9 levels are a generous amount of content for that price tag of 0. Bought the full game and looking forward to playing through it!
I keep going back to level 1 to try and figure out where that third letter is and it's driving me bananas. :P
05-12-2017, 10:55 AM
#8
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,320
I've only played the first level and unless there's a serious drop in quality as it goes on I'll be buying the lot. Lovely stuff, it reminds me of an old Amiga or ST game but for the life of me I can't remember which.

Been an expensive but quality gaming week this week in our house and this is going to be another three quid well spent
05-12-2017, 11:16 AM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
I keep going back to level 1 to try and figure out where that third letter is and it's driving me bananas. :P
Hehe... *shrugs*
05-12-2017, 12:01 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
Hehe... *shrugs*
Just figured it out. Super cool!