★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: GO FAST, DONT CRASH!
Send all the cars home safely and keep them from colliding and going BOOM!
Only the best will make it to the end!
- Chip tune music and sound effects

PixelUtopia's comments:

After months of level designing, testing and balancing, we have lift off! I hope you enjoy it

Indie Game Buzz - "A well thought out, finely tuned and hand crafted retro bonanza"

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l14L_TjBF9w

I would love to get some feedback on the level design! Too Hard? Too Easy? (30 more levels currently in the works for the next area).

05-14-2017, 03:47 PM
This has a lot of 1980's charm to it, and spot-on chip tunes. Was having fun but not for long. Achieving 3 stars on level 1-5 seems beyond me. 4 cars at once and short distances between corners. Plus I keep mis-swiping causing terminal acceleration instead of making a turn. No doubt people with better co-ordination will get further. The later levels look interesting but probably beyond my ability. Still, will give it another try tomorrow.

05-14-2017, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
This has a lot of 1980's charm to it, and spot-on chip tunes. Was having fun but not for long. Achieving 3 stars on level 1-5 seems beyond me. 4 cars at once and short distances between corners. Plus I keep mis-swiping causing terminal acceleration instead of making a turn. No doubt people with better co-ordination will get further. The later levels look interesting but probably beyond my ability. Still, will give it another try tomorrow.
Appreciate the feedback. I play tested this stuff so much that it became second nature to play! I'll look at turning down the difficulty, or re-shuffling some of the levels a little. level balancing in a way to suit varying skill levels sure is a tough nut to crack.
05-15-2017, 02:53 AM
s'okay; cracked level 1-5; took about 50 attempts.
05-15-2017, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronsay View Post
s'okay; cracked level 1-5; took about 50 attempts.
Haha glad to hear it! Your feedback is still valid though, working on an update.
05-17-2017, 07:33 PM
Cool. Reminds me of "dodge em" on the Atari 2600.
06-08-2017, 08:19 PM
v1.0.2 released

After a couple of week of watching analytics and listening to community feedback, I have rolled out a major update for GoCar addressing issues with balancing.

- level restructure
- difficulty rebalancing for certain levels

version 1.0.2 just went live on iTunes. Check it out!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/go-car/id1087701677?ls=1&mt=8

Last edited by PixelUtopia; 06-08-2017 at 08:26 PM.