★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-21-2017, 01:44 PM
It's hardly the first auto shooter.

I think a lot of the appeal of this one is that it's pretty stripped down, easy to get into.
05-21-2017, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbestapps View Post
There're some amazing fps games on mobile and most people seem to ignore them? But the moment an auto shooting game comes out people love it? Hmm.
I've played Bullet-Force and Critical Ops as a partnered streamer for A LONG time. They are great games with different styles of play. I think the same can be said about Guns of Boom. People like it for it's casual, cartoony, wacky style of play. It's not that people don't realize there are other great first person shooters on mobile, it's just that they might like the unique style of play this game has to offer. I play all of them regularly and enjoy them each for what they have to offer.

Last edited by MintCity; 05-21-2017 at 02:50 PM.

05-21-2017, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintCity View Post
After quite a few hours played and a few weapons grinded out, I can see a few changes that need to be made.

First, incendiary rounds are a little too powerful. They do quite a bit of damage for a long period of time. Either the time of effect or the damage need to be decreased. Unless you have pills (which sometimes you are short of) you will die with a third of your health still left. It just feels pretty cheap that you win a gun fight by a good margin and end up dying anyways.

Second, there are quite a few glitches that I have encountered with respawning and matchmaking. When I died in one game I would respawn IMMEDIATELY when I died. This happened half of the game and then I spawned with no guns and no ability to switch to any of them. It was strange. Matchmaking will sometimes crash on me while loading up and just stay on a frozen screen. I have an iPhone 7 Plus so I don't think it's due to my device.

Third, I don't like the current grenade/pill system in place. It's bearable but it just feels stupid that this is so different from other first person shooters. I also think grenades need to be nerfed a bit. They are by far the most effective way to kill someone in this game. They explode on impact and can kill someone without armor in one hit. I found myself primarily using grenades until they were gone and then switching to using my weapons. Weapons shouldn't take a backseat to grenades.

All in all, this is a fantastic game. I've had a ton of fun with it and it's refreshing how mobile-friendly the controls are. I love it.
I agree about the incendiary rounds in the stinger I think it is but the grenades are only a sure kill if you have no armour. I can take a hit fine, apart from that you can see them being thrown in most cases and run backwards to avoid the blast.
05-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by funem View Post
I agree about the incendiary rounds in the stinger I think it is but the grenades are only a sure kill if you have no armour. I can take a hit fine, apart from that you can see them being thrown in most cases and run backwards to avoid the blast.
If you read my post that you quoted me on I said that it kills someone without armor in 1 hit. I'm well aware that it cannot kill people with armor in 1 hit. However, it does 1000 damage. That's a good chunk of health, even to someone with armor. I rarely miss my grenade throws. Movement is a bit slow in this game and doesn't allow effective avoidance of direct impact grenades. I think the easiest fix (mentioned by someone else in the thread) is to make it so grenades don't explode upon impact with enemies.
05-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Quote:
There're some amazing fps games on mobile and most people seem to ignore them? But the moment an auto shooting game comes out people love it? Hmm.
For me usually would say shooting games ain't design for iOS, but the controls are simple which good thing
05-21-2017, 09:54 PM
Quote:
It's just a fun quirky accessible shooter that doesn't take itself seriously. The auto shooting fits the platform perfectly. Mobile really isn't the ideal place to be playing FPS, this game strips everything down and makes a simple shooter everyone can play. IAP's aren't extremely aggressive either.
05-22-2017, 03:51 AM
Can i join TARC, there are 7/10 atm but cant send a request
05-22-2017, 04:31 AM
Keep in mind your health and armor increase as you progress in the game, so at the later stages the 1000 damage from a grenade is barely even efficiant. With a strong gun, you will get off an equal amount of damage, a lot more accurately. Same goes for for the burn damage, it's not nearly as detrimental with higher hp and armor, and most will favor the strongest gun regardless of burn damage.
05-22-2017, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivica View Post
Can i join TARC, there are 7/10 atm but cant send a request

Try again in a minute; I'll clear some request space.
05-22-2017, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
Try again in a minute; I'll clear some request space.
Ingame name "bitmap"