Meta question about posting appinfo

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Esqarrouth, May 18, 2017.

1. Esqarrouth

Esqarrouth Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    idolleon likes this.
  2. TrueBlou

TrueBlou Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 20, 2014
    Software Developer - witenoiz.com
    Scotland
    #2 TrueBlou, May 18, 2017
    Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Sometimes the processing takes a while, which is more to do with how well distributed across the various countries AppStores the game is. Mine was the same yesterday, although it was released, for some reason Apple were dragging their heels more than normal in pushing it out.

Other than that, double check your link in the appinfo /appinfo tags (obviously I'm missing the [ ] from there, or it wouldn't show up) it wouldn't be the first time I've accidentally cut off the first or last character without noticing it.

Nothing else should matter, if both of those things are done, then it should show up without a problem.

3. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    Thanks for the answer. I think I've found a possible answer.

The alpha version a player posted previously has very old and wrong data, but it has the same app id: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=294531

I think forums might be doing that automatically as a precaution for multiple submits.

I'll message the original poster about this.

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The TA forums and the TA front page ride on top of the AppShopper database which pulls App Store data via the iTunes API. The speed at which things show up is entirely limited by the number of API calls Apple allows and the rate that AppShopper is able to make them. If you release a game on like... a Sunday morning, or a time when nothing is going on, it'll usually appear on AppShopper near-instantly. If you release a game on Wednesday or Thursday along with everyone else it can be a couple hours before it's processed.

If you feel like (for whatever reason) AppShopper isn't picking up your game, you can manually submit an iTunes link here to add it to the processing queue- http://appshopper.com/submitApp Keep in mind, this is also limited by the API calls Apple allows and the queue might be very long when you submit it depending on what's going on with the App Store as mentioned above.

Finally, AppShopper only indexes the US App Store. If something isn't available on the US App Store (like for a soft launch or similar), AppShopper will not index it until it is regardless of whether or not you submit it manually. It all usually works automagically, and if something doesn't seem like it's working, it usually just means the current queue of new apps and updates is very long and/or iTunes is being very slow (or sometimes both).

5. Esqarrouth

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone