★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get Ready to Run

Lode Runner Reborn!
- Simple, mobile-optimized controls!
- A fun and fast-paced experience for players of all skill levels!
- Join a worldwide community of gamers who share a love for the arcade classic!

Countless Stages!
- Run, climb, and blast your way through over 300 new stages!
- Build and share your own stages with the Stage Editor!
- Challenge players from around the world in Championship mode!
- Play stages from the original Lode Runner in Classic mode!

Challenging Puzzles!
- With Screen Touch mode, anyone can experience the excitement of puzzle-solving!
- Use strategy to navigate increasingly complicated stages full of traps and surprises!

Support:

Please go to Settings->Customer Center if you need support!

Privacy Policy:
http://m.nexon.com/terms/11
Terms of Service:
http://m.nexon.com/terms/10
05-18-2017, 04:30 PM
Whoaaaa flashback!!
I remember playing this on my Apple 2+ in the early 80's. Off a floppy disk. Man... 🤓

My father and I were so addicted to this.
Oh nostalgia!

05-18-2017, 04:34 PM
I had no idea this was a retro re-make. I'm loving the art style though. Good stuff!
05-18-2017, 05:14 PM
Around level 30 you unlock classic mode, which is all the original levels.
I actually remember some of them, even under the new coat of paint.

This reboot plays smooth, looks great, and still has the hook of the original, well done!
05-18-2017, 05:21 PM
What's happening?! Arkanoid/Space Invaders and now Lode Runner? Did today just time slip through two-plus decades? I'm actually pretty happy about it. I'm already enjoying Ark-Invaders, and now we have this. I can't even guess how many hours I spent with Lode Runner on, what was it, either the C-64 or Amiga. Maybe both. Must check this one out immediately.
05-18-2017, 06:03 PM
U must be kidding me!!! This is my fav game on  2. Nobody can best my score!!!! I am.gonna prove it!
05-18-2017, 06:12 PM
Holy crap. Same nostalgia blast as you guys,but on my C64. Was very jealous of you Apple ][ guys though....big time!
05-18-2017, 06:20 PM
Thrilled and Disappointed

Ok, I've downloaded and played the first 29 levels. Yeah, that's not a lot; it's basically a tutorial, very easy. When level 28 is completed, it opens up the Classic Lode Runner levels! Yes!

My first impression was, "What cloudy mess am I looking at?" It looks like the game is sitting behind a blue haze. At first I thought it was an issue with my iPad Pro, because something similar happened with another game. But no. I loaded it onto my iPhone 6+ and got the same washed out look. Is this "artist's liberty?" Bad decision. Note to Dev: 1st update--remove the haze!

Controls: Oh why, oh why does this not have better controls? They work, sure. They're not the worst I've seen, but this game needs accuracy in later levels, extreme accuracy, and I'm not sure the current system is going to please many people. That's just a first impression, and perhaps I'll adapt. But... Note to Dev: Mfi, puh-lease!

I'm still very excited to have this game. I love Lode Runner. I'll put up with the haze if I have to, but it will make me sad every time I boot up. I'm hoping that the haze will disappear when I get to the next set of levels, but I doubt it will, for the Classic levels are still behind a curtain of mush.

***** Here's where I reach out to the Dev. Pleading hands extended.
05-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Wow. Takes me way back to my days playing this on an Apple IIe. Nice!!
05-18-2017, 11:06 PM
Is this completely free? Has ads?