What GTA game should I get?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by TheIronBeagle, May 23, 2017.

1. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    Finally got my hands on some iTunes cards, and was wondering what GTA game to get. Having recently finished Bully: Anniversary Edition, I wanted a game that would scratch that same itch that Bully did, and what better way to do that than to play Rockstar's most popular game, GTA? There are quite a few different titles on the App Store though (San Andreas, III, Liberty City), so which one would you guys recommend I play first? I haven't played any GTA at all, on consoles, PC, or on mobile.

2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    It's been a while since I played them but I enjoyed Vice City the most. Liberty city was kinda small and San Andreas was almost too big and too long. They're all great though if you like sand box games. You can't really go wrong.

3. MorteTorment

MorteTorment Active Member

Feb 4, 2017
    That's easy! San Andreas.

It's the only one of the three with an in game map, it has the most dialogue, and you can do more in it than any GTA game out there. It's also the longest of the three. Oh, and did I mention that it's the only one of the three to have an in-game map? because it is.

4. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    Thanks for the replies guys! I might try the GTA Trilogy bundle as that has Vice CIty and San Andreas, as well as GTA III, so I can try both of your suggestions out.
    Thanks!

5. PHUCK-O

PHUCK-O Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    They're all good. i haven't played Liberty City Stories yet.

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Pick 'em all up. Literally. But if you had to go with just one on iOS, I'd go with Chinatown Wars. It's the most suited to touchscreens of them all.

7. PHUCK-O

PHUCK-O Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2009
    As a PC gamer i enjoyed playing them immensely more on PC than i did on a touch screen.

8. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    China Town Wars first, it was the first release to IOS and they did it in the old school top down view that GTA started with on Console back in the day. Its a great game on IOS.

Then play the rest of them in order of IOS release.

I own them all on IOS, and I think I have maybe 10 or 15 dollars, or less, invested.. They run a lot of sales.