★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The goal of this slide puzzle is simple: move blocks horizontally to create and clear full lines. It's free to play and easy to learn. Slidey Block Puzzle will keep you hooked from the first moment and you'll start enjoying the gameplay taste you've been missing.

It will be a kind of nostalgia for who played classic arcade games like snake games, connect the dots games and blocks games on classic cell phones. Slidey's gameplay is simple just like those classic arcade and puzzle games, yet offers a fresh unique mechanic with gorgeous and cute graphic design.

Enter the blocks world and get higher and higher scores with mind tricks. When the blocks are winking and waiting for you to unlock, the huge mouth of the gigantic monster is ready to swallow the block stack . Free your mind, relax and act wisely by dragging the blocks and making full brick rows. Slidey Block Puzzle is one of the trending games among the users who are searching a simple but original slide puzzle game.

Why you'll love Slidey:
A new type of brain training puzzle, entertain your brain for minutes or for long hours
Endless challenge, you can play forever yet you'll still find something undiscovered
Earn Experience as you play. Rank up your cute shaman and get access to exciting shaman masks and gifts
An engaging original soundtrack with custom made sound effects

BOOSTERS help you when you're stuck in this mind game:
CHARGER: Charges a block and clears its neighbor blocks
COLLECTOR: Collects and removes the blocks of the dominant color on board
SMASHER: Smashes and breaks large blocks into smaller pieces

Use these boosters when you have a block stack and blocks get close to the monster mouth. You can't leave the phone when playing this block puzzle game just as playing classic snake games or connect dots, pipes or bricks games. Slidey is the most colorful and sparkling game among the free mind games. Everyone from all ages can solve challenging and brain-teasing block puzzles.

Slidey: Block Puzzle is a highly polished addictive puzzle game where the fun is in trying to find short-term strategies and mind tricks to make the right move to blast blocks. We always love to hear from you. Please send us your feedback, we are truly listening: https://narhelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks for playing :)

saygin's comments:

05-23-2017, 04:07 PM
Any chance of landscape?

05-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Landscape? Nope, designed to be played in portrait. Blocks would be much smaller and hard to interact with
05-23-2017, 05:34 PM
So this is basically a free-to-play version of Slydris by Radiangames? I suppose there are worse games to be "inspired" by.

Can anyone tell me at what point Radiangames' back catalogue disappeared from the App Store? That's a true slice of App Store history that seems to have disappeared without trace - they aren't even showing in my purchase history..
05-24-2017, 02:25 AM
mr_bez, I wish we knew about Slydris before, it seems to be still available on Android I will check it out when I have access to an android device. Thank you very much for letting us know. Slidey is not "inspired" by Slydris, (OMG even the name sounds similar) but if I knew about it, I would certainly examine how it solved some UX stuff like how to highlight the tapped block, or row clear effect. The mechanics (like how the game ends, where new blocks come from) look quite different though, as well as the theme and feeling. Please try Slidey and let me know what you think about our game.

As per the other question it seems like they deleted App Store account entirely, or did not renew the App store membership at all. But since when, I can't tell. Some premium market data service (like appannie) account owner may look it up and tell us

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_bez View Post
So this is basically a free-to-play version of Slydris by Radiangames? I suppose there are worse games to be "inspired" by.

Can anyone tell me at what point Radiangames' back catalogue disappeared from the App Store? That's a true slice of App Store history that seems to have disappeared without trace - they aren't even showing in my purchase history..
05-24-2017, 01:01 PM
Shame about landscape. Slydris is great, but it is also more of an action puzzler where this is not (from what I could tell with the trailer). So, quite distinct.
05-24-2017, 08:18 PM
I actually like this idea quite a bit. Had it been just a pure high score chaser without all the extra nonsense. What's with the gems and power-ups? And no way to remove ads? The ads don't even let you X out until they trick you into first opening the App Store.

Anyway, I was enjoying the core concept, but I'm afraid I'll be deleting it. Never heard of Slydris and now disappointed I seem to have missed out on a premium version of this concept?
05-25-2017, 01:12 PM
@AppUnwrapper thank you for the comment, glad to hear you like the core concept. "No ads" option is on the roadmap and will be available in about 2 weeks. About the non-skippable ad, we found the ad provider and silenced it, it is supposed to be skippable. No one should be forced to watch an ad for 30 seconds unless they are willing to.

Boosters are there to help when player is stuck and needs some extra help and they also bring a little action (like sequential combos). Gems are used for buying boosters. The game gives gems from time to time during normal game play (sparkling blocks) or with IAP.
05-25-2017, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saygin View Post
Boosters are there to help when player is stuck and needs some extra help and they also bring a little action (like sequential combos). Gems are used for buying boosters. The game gives gems from time to time during normal game play (sparkling blocks) or with IAP.
It's a high-score chaser with leaderboards. No, you're not the first one to make a high score chaser where you can buy your way ahead, but I see no point in sticking with games like that.
05-25-2017, 09:10 PM
This was a nice surprise this week!