★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Survive a zombie apocalypse and protect the human race from the gunner seat of an AC-130 gunship! Engage in tactical operations and lead groups of military survivors on scavenging missions. Loot precious resources, bring them back to base and build your defenses to repel zombie assaults.

Blow up the undead in this new instalment in the #1 top-grossing Zombie Gunship franchise.

Experience high-definition visuals and intense scenarios
Collect realistic weaponry and increase your zombie shooting efficiency
Provide air support and lead groups of military survivors
Build up your remote airfield as a base for operations
Defend your base against zombie assaults
Survive in a hostile environment and unleash hellfire from your gunner seat!

Terms of Service:
By accessing or using a flaregames product, you're agreeing to our Terms of Service (www.flaregames.com/terms-service/).

Parental Guide:
Zombie Gunship Survival is free to download and play, however some game items can also be purchased for real money. If you dont want to use these features, please disable in-app purchases in your device settings. According to our Terms of Service, Zombie Gunship Survival is allowed for download and play only for persons 13 years or more of age, or with explicit parental consent. You can read more here:
http://www.flaregames.com/parents-guide/
05-23-2017, 03:10 PM
Just curious if anyone who's downloaded the new global version, knows if this requires Internet connection? I remember getting the soft launch version and that was Internet only unlike the original.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN

05-23-2017, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Just curious if anyone who's downloaded the new global version, knows if this requires Internet connection? I remember getting the soft launch version and that was Internet only unlike the original.
It requires internet, yes

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
05-23-2017, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
It requires internet, yes
Aw darn. Well thanks for replying Boardumb and for always posting some great releases (even though I'll probably pass on this one). Hopefully others will enjoy it as it still looks like a great upgrade from the original aside from the Internet thing - which for me personally is really big.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Iron Marines / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN
05-23-2017, 04:03 PM
Played for quite a while-it's pretty fun! There's one thing at the back of my mind just nagging me though, and it's how great a PvP feature would be. Maybe raiding other bases against the currently set player defenses?

Other than that, fun. I like the lack of an energy system, but maybe more strategical attack options could improve gameplay even more.
05-23-2017, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytehawk View Post
Played for quite a while-it's pretty fun! There's one thing at the back of my mind just nagging me though, and it's how great a PvP feature would be. Maybe raiding other bases against the currently set player defenses?

Other than that, fun. I like the lack of an energy system, but maybe more strategical attack options could improve gameplay even more.
No PVP raiding! Too many of these games that have basebuilding think they have to PVP just keep it a single player game.
05-23-2017, 04:29 PM
Tested this for about 6 months and this game kept me busy the entire time.
If you liked the other games then you'll love this one.
Has a base you can build up and many missions .
Upgrades and everything
05-23-2017, 04:32 PM
I've played it for an hour or so and it's pretty good fun. The core gameplay element isn't much different from the first except with more varied levels - which is by no means a bad thing.

I'm not sure I like the basebuilding and defending element of it but I appreciate that's probably just my taste (although I did find it a bit fiddly in general).

My main issue is the obvious one in that it's FTP with multiple currencies so the best that I can do is I'll give it a good shot until I get hit by paywall or grind, enjoy it while it lasts and bemoan the fact that's it's not premium.
05-23-2017, 04:43 PM
Bout friggin time!
05-23-2017, 04:45 PM
Requiring persistent internet connections to the server are definitely frustrating when you want to play on the go, but it's an essential design decision to make it harder for cheaters to ruin the game for everyone when people inevitably try to hack the app.