★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Warmen 1.2 (story driven, tactital on rail shooter) update is out

10-25-2009, 08:56 AM
Warmen 1.2 (story driven, tactital on rail shooter) update is out

1.2 update is out

itunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=325222317&mt=8&uo=6

What's new
Version 1.2
- New enemy: Enforcer with a shield
- More Enemies on Medium and HarÓ difficulty levels.
- New and Improved AI.
- Inverted Controls are working now.
- Balanced Gameplay.
- Reduced memory usage

Footage from the new update:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLDCGeWsq3g

As for the promised survival mode. We will propably make an 0.99$ app (WarMen Survival) that will feature that.

Enjoy!

ps another update is in production as we speak : )
10-25-2009, 08:59 AM
Awesome! you should make it DLC instead though

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoo View Post
Something along the lines of "You have bought 10 hats! A new hat is available for purchase in the store". But no hat.

Edit: I realize I am overly concerned about this hat.

10-25-2009, 02:06 PM
that's a nice idea .

We'll think about it
10-25-2009, 05:49 PM
I find those inverted controlls confusing but looking at the comments in the appstore other people seem to enjoy that
10-26-2009, 01:50 PM
well

We're gonna make a different smaller app propably - not a DLC content.
altrough DLC is a really nice idea - because it allows the player to shape his app the way he wants, provided that there is a choice in those DLC options. for example players can buy different weapons, vehicles.. stuff.

i wonder if there is a limitation in DLC payments - do they have to be a multiplication of 1 dollar minus a cent?

it would be nice if you could buy a bonnus level or a new gun for a few pennies
10-26-2009, 03:04 PM
i think you got a little bit carried away here : )
10-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost3D games View Post
We're gonna make a different smaller app propably - not a DLC content.
altrough DLC is a really nice idea - because it allows the player to shape his app the way he wants, provided that there is a choice in those DLC options. for example players can buy different weapons, vehicles.. stuff.

i wonder if there is a limitation in DLC payments - do they have to be a multiplication of 1 dollar minus a cent?

it would be nice if you could buy a bonnus level or a new gun for a few pennies
I don't actually own this game...but I'll throw in my two cents here...

Seems to me it'd be best to make the survival mode as both DLC in the original, and a new app. That way owners of the original can conveniently keep the game all in one place, and new users can choose not to purchase the story mode if they so wish.

Unfortunately, DLC payments do have to be made in multiples of a dollar, which is too bad, for the reasons that you stated. As a result, devs are beginning to provide DLC for 99c, which is not worth 99c...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
10-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
which is not worth 99c...
we were talking here about having "survival mode" as DLC for $0.99 (which was ment to be $0.99 app anyway), not to add bazooka for $0.99 which should be worth $0.50 or whatever

this way it can drive app sales (to buy app and then to buy survuval mode in DLC), or it may not (it is simpler to buy just $0.99 survival mode than $2 app and $1 DLC which is all in all $3), and this is why DLC is - as for now - not so widely used

iLike & iRecommend: Archibald's Adventures, Blimp, Bombardiers Guild, Boulder Dash - ROCKS!, Critter Crunch, Durak, Edge, Eliss, Fieldrunners, Flick Fishing, Flight Control, Galcon, Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, Handy Jacks, Memovator, Quadrix, Rolando, Rolando 2, Smart Sokoban Pro, Squares, Space Miner, Totemo, Train Conductor
10-27-2009, 06:50 AM
apple could move their bottoms and add a possibility of smaller DLC payments
10-27-2009, 04:51 PM
I like the update.. it seems the game is getting better and better