★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: THenry
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 22.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Free for a limited time!

Guardian - An action packed arcade game featuring original music by The Fat Man.

Only the Guardian Missile Defense System stands between the helpless citizens of your city and complete annihilation! Are you ready to take command and defend the city from a merciless rain of destruction? Do you have the skills to match your enemy's high-tech arsenal of terror weapons?

If you think you are up to the challenge, then lock-n-load. Just touch the screen to fire a Guardian missile at an incoming target. Touch the "||" button to pause the game and adjust the music and sound volume.
10-25-2009, 10:43 AM
I already had this on my iphone, it is a really neat, old school missile command...just retro goodness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

10-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Good

Thank you for making it free
10-25-2009, 11:26 PM
I keep looking at the credits in disbelief. I can't believe they hired Team Fat for a Missile Command clone! Quite a good one as it happens, but that's beside the point. It just doesn't seem like something one would do.

Still, it's not a bad idea. If I ever develop a game for the iPhone, I'll have to contact Mr. Sanger and find out what they charge.

Someone out there is thinking about star power. Nice work, Mr. THenry.
________
Herbalaire vaporizers

Last edited by thewiirocks; 02-17-2011 at 12:08 AM.
10-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Tell me about Team Fat and why you're in disbelief.

plus+ scoreloop crystal : looby
agon openfeint gamecenter: loobylibby
10-26-2009, 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhagoCychotic View Post
Tell me about Team Fat and why you're in disbelief.
George Sanger (aka "The Fat Man") and his company "Team Fat" have been doing some of the most iconic music in video games since he first got his start on the Intellivision. (Little known fact, but quite true. )

Team Fat's music was excellent from the get-go, but came into its own with their work on Wing Commander. Music of that quality was simply unheard of on PCs; which were often expected to be mute due to the lack of a sound card.

Wing Commander resulted in a major industry push for consumers to upgrade their PCs and obtain sound cards to hear this incredible music. After that, Team Fat became iconic and pretty much wrote their own destiny.

7th Guest, Master of Orion, Ultima Underworld, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Loom, Star Trek-25th Anniversary, Tux Racer, and Dawn of War, were just a few hit titles Team Fat has worked on.

Sanger has been referred to as the John Williams or James Horner of video game music. He's that good.

I imagine Team Fat is probably feeling a bit of a pinch with today's AAA titles using 5.1 recordings of orchestral pieces. But if it's a video game and it's got good synthesized music, check the credits. There's a good chance that Team Fat did it.

________
AD PLATFORM

Last edited by thewiirocks; 02-17-2011 at 12:08 AM.
10-26-2009, 01:58 AM
awesome history lesson thewiirocks, now I share your confusion over why Team Fat is even a part of this little app.

Could it be a different person i wonder? I haven't had a chance to d/l the game yet.

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::
10-26-2009, 02:01 AM
make a million bucks

just got retro gamer vol 3

any developer who would get a bunch of these oldies
into a game pack will make a million
- why reinvent the wheel
go with proven timeless goodies!

---
check out my iphone apps blurbs at http://secentral.net/forum/index.php?topic=16512.0