★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Space Ninja: The Max Payne of retro-arcade games?

12-30-2008, 09:12 AM
Space Ninja: The Max Payne of retro-arcade games?

For some reason when I was watching the vid for Space Ninja (a no brainer on release) I couldn't help but think of my first, in game, bullet time experience: Max Payne. That totally changed how the action game played, suddenly you were making awesome Keanu Reeves shots all the time! Space Ninja, from the vid anyway, totally seems to have that, "Wow, how did I make it through that?!" experience.
12-30-2008, 10:11 AM
haha ownd.

I LOVE A P P L E !

12-30-2008, 10:30 AM
Hey, developer here. That slowdown thing was a thing I added on a whim, until I realised it made the game quite a lot more enjoyable

I submitted it to the app store, but being an australian developer, I had to get contracts done with apple. They need my ABN, etc. Too bad that the tax office is closed until the 5th of jan (dang lazy tax office workers..), so the game won't be out until a while..

But I heard you can still sell without having the contracts done. Can any devs confirm?

btw if anyone's up for early beta testing and helping design some levels, I'm all for it, not sure how ad-hoc development will work though..
12-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun View Post
Hey, developer here. That slowdown thing was a thing I added on a whim, until I realised it made the game quite a lot more enjoyable

I submitted it to the app store, but being an australian developer, I had to get contracts done with apple. They need my ABN, etc. Too bad that the tax office is closed until the 5th of jan (dang lazy tax office workers..), so the game won't be out until a while..

But I heard you can still sell without having the contracts done. Can any devs confirm?

btw if anyone's up for early beta testing and helping design some levels, I'm all for it, not sure how ad-hoc development will work though..
Read the sig. I'm open to it. You just sign the build with a specific UDID, which you will need to get from the tester. You just compile and sign. I can walk you through most of it, if you want me to test brewstermax2012@gmail.com

P.S. Have prior experience.

Last edited by brewstermax; 12-30-2008 at 11:17 AM.
12-30-2008, 10:41 AM
I would love to help you test what seems to be a promising game ive dealt in level design before so ill give my input.
Email-Charandbagel@gmail.com

I LOVE A P P L E !
12-30-2008, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underthesun View Post

Count on me, I'd like to help test the game.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
12-30-2008, 11:04 AM
I'd be happy to help test too.

↪ GameCenter : Igoo
12-30-2008, 11:13 AM
I'd love I beta test, this game looks great, but I need an email address to send you my UDID, assuming you want me to test
12-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng View Post
I'd love I beta test, this game looks great, but I need an email address to send you my UDID, assuming you want me to test
I presume that he will email or PM you. I'd give my email to save the hassle.
12-30-2008, 11:33 AM
if you still are in need i would also love to beta test this game

i have a 3th gen iPod Touch 32GB running 3.X

Last edited by Tharob; 12-30-2008 at 11:34 AM. Reason: its would not wouls