★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Blast Squad - Tactical Multiplayer Battle Arena

05-31-2017, 08:19 AM
Blast Squad - Tactical Multiplayer Battle Arena

ALPHA TEST SIGNUP for Blast Squad

Join with friends and foes in a free-to-play and truly unique real-time tactical multiplayer battle arena. Blast Squad lets you choose from an ever-growing roster of champions as you battle in real-time to take down the enemy team. In the tactical battles of Blast Squad, you will rise on top through strategy and teamwork – not because of the speed or the dexterity of your fingers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	groupSplash_logo.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	114419

We are currently looking for Alpha testers to give us early feedback and help us test our gameplay systems and technology infrastructure. If you're interested to see what the game is about, you can sign up by joining our mailing list using this link:

Signup for the Playtest

instructions: Click on the link above and submit your name and email address. You will receive a Hockey App invitation in a day or two after signing up. The playtests will continue till mid-June. Hope to see you all in the game!

The Game – How to Play

In every Blast Squad battle, two teams of three players enter the battle arena. The team that first takes out the opponent’s team will win the battle. There is no respawning in Blast Squad. Once player’s hero is eliminated, the player is out of the battle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IPhone_screenshots_01.png
Views:	49
Size:	425.3 KB
ID:	114420Click image for larger version

Name:	IPhone_screenshots_03.png
Views:	50
Size:	358.3 KB
ID:	114421Click image for larger version

Name:	IPhone_screenshots_07.png
Views:	34
Size:	356.7 KB
ID:	114422Click image for larger version

Name:	IPhone_screenshots_08.png
Views:	28
Size:	416.8 KB
ID:	114423Click image for larger version

Name:	iPhone_screenshots_10.png
Views:	21
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	114424

The Turn Phases: Decision and Action

The tactical gameplay of Blast Squad is driven the synchronous turns. Each turn is divided into two phases: The Decision and the Action phase. In the Decision phase, players have seconds to assign actions to their champion. After locking in, the Decision phase is followed by the Action phase, which plays out the assigned actions of each player in real-time.

The Hierarchy of Actions
There are four types of actions player can assign to their champion during the Decision phase.

1. Boosts
Heals, shields and different empowering boosts are the first ones to play out in the Action phase. You want your shield before you get blasted, right?

2. Charges
Escapes and charging attacks follow the Boosts. Escaping an incoming blast can turn the tide of the battle.

3. Blasts
Shooting is what the blast phase is all about. This is the phase where bulk of the damage is dealt.

4. Move
If you’ve assigned either Boost or Blast, you can also move during that turn. Movement is the last thing to take place as the action plays out. After all, you want to blast your opponents before they move.

Energy
Each champion has three distinctive abilities to choose from during the Decision phase. Using an ability consumes Energy. Player’s hero has limited Energy pool that can be recharged. Player can’t use abilities when recharging.
05-31-2017, 09:48 AM
Sounds cool, signed up.

05-31-2017, 10:16 AM
try it youngerlva@gmail.cim
05-31-2017, 10:18 AM
just ask for
05-31-2017, 10:19 AM
I signed up. I look forward to testing. Game looks very cool!
05-31-2017, 04:37 PM
I am signing up for this :3
06-01-2017, 12:54 PM
I have play it. The rhythm is slow . Though first eye i consider it might have a play style like crash royale but its not.its like chess round game i guess.(or slg)
theinteractive animation needs improvements and the music also need a step up.
Since I bought the demon 's rise2 before.Maybe this game is made for pvp.so the demon 's Ai enlight me but not blast.
The limited time and smaller player space is a
Good thing. Cuz its a mobile game.it bring something tension.A
Great idea anyway.

Last edited by lva; 06-01-2017 at 01:04 PM.
06-02-2017, 10:40 PM
The sword girl is by far the coolest.

And I didn't know robots had genders. Or parents.

The game is pretty dang cool, and heck this is only the gameplay part of it, not even the shop/items/leveling up/etc.
06-05-2017, 08:22 PM
So I got an email for the game with a survey. I haven't been invited to play yet so I'm unsure what I'm supposed to do? Was I supposed to get an invite?
06-05-2017, 08:26 PM
Just kidding I found the right email. Okay so I got the email but it is not showing as something I can download. Just this other app called killteam stable and it gives me an error when trying to download.

Last edited by WakenBake; 06-05-2017 at 08:29 PM.