★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: An expansion by Zarista Games.

The Quest - Thor's Hammer is an expansion to The Quest, a beautifully hand-drawn open world role playing game with old school grid-based movement and turn based combat.

This expansion has been designed for low level characters. Best experienced with a newly created one.

After enabling the expansion, you can explore new areas and adventures. However, if you don't have The Quest, you can also play the expansion as a standalone game.

Through the winter, Thor's Hammer reverberated in the heavens, bringing thunder, lightning, even dragons. Omens of evil were clear. By summer, fierce marauders from the North came in their longboats. Theft and destruction became the norm. They looted Holy Island's abbey. No one has dared resist them. They and everyone seem under a curse.

Heroism is needed, so you were summoned. Is your sword arm still strong? You'll face Viking steel, giants, trolls and new diseases. Grab your weapon. Are you ready to board ship for Hell?

To access the new areas (not applicable if you are playing the expansion standalone), go to Matras harbor and talk to captain Verra, then select "Thor's Hammer" as your travel destination.

BlackEyedGamer's comments:

The Quest - Thor's Hammer

Redshift
Genres: Games Role-Playing Entertainment Adventure
2.99 GBP

Quote:
An expansion by Zarista Games.

The Quest - Thor's Hammer is an expansion to The Quest, a beautifully hand-drawn open world role playing game with old school grid-based movement and turn based combat.

This expansion has been designed for low level characters. Best experienced with a newly created one.

After enabling the expansion, you can explore new areas and adventures. However, if you don't have The Quest, you can also play the expansion as a standalone game.

Through the winter, Thor's Hammer reverberated in the heavens, bringing thunder, lightning, even dragons. Omens of evil were clear. By summer, fierce marauders from the North came in their longboats. Theft and destruction became the norm. They looted Holy Island's abbey. No one has dared resist them. They and everyone seem under a curse.

Heroism is needed, so you were summoned. Is your sword arm still strong? You'll face Viking steel, giants, trolls and new diseases. Grab your weapon. Are you ready to board ship for Hell?

To access the new areas (not applicable if you are playing the expansion standalone), go to Matras harbor and talk to captain Verra, then select "Thor's Hammer" as your travel destination.

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi-iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G-iPad23G
  • iPhone4S-iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen-iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G-iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5-iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen-iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen-iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G-iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini-iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G-iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c-iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s-iPhone5s
  • iPadAir-iPadAir
  • iPadAirCellular-iPadAirCellular
  • iPadMiniRetina-iPadMiniRetina
  • iPadMiniRetinaCellular-iPadMiniRetinaCellular
  • iPhone6-iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus-iPhone6Plus
  • iPadAir2-iPadAir2
  • iPadAir2Cellular-iPadAir2Cellular
  • iPadMini3-iPadMini3
  • iPadMini3Cellular-iPadMini3Cellular
  • iPodTouchSixthGen-iPodTouchSixthGen
  • iPhone6s-iPhone6s
  • iPhone6sPlus-iPhone6sPlus
  • iPadMini4-iPadMini4
  • iPadMini4Cellular-iPadMini4Cellular
  • iPadPro-iPadPro
  • iPadProCellular-iPadProCellular
  • iPadPro97-iPadPro97
  • iPadPro97Cellular-iPadPro97Cellular
  • iPhoneSE-iPhoneSE
  • iPhone7-iPhone7
  • iPhone7Plus-iPhone7Plus
  • iPad611-iPad611
  • iPad612-iPad612

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 222.3MB

06-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Oh YEAH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

06-02-2017, 03:53 PM
How do these games work? If you buy the base game (I.e. "The Quest"), do you need to buy the individual apps for the expansions? Are the expansions IAP with the base game?

I've always been intrigued but unsure as to where to start.
06-02-2017, 04:36 PM
You buy expansions as individual apps, but after installing the content can be migrated into the main app.
06-02-2017, 05:49 PM
Thought I would drop by with my regular "please bring MFi controller support pllssssss" plea.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

srsly I would be so happy :')))
06-02-2017, 07:45 PM
YES! Quest and its expansions are among the best buys on the App Store.
06-03-2017, 03:55 AM
I have huge progress in Quest Classic. Will those expansion be available for Classic version, too?
06-03-2017, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroVoid View Post
How do these games work? If you buy the base game (I.e. "The Quest"), do you need to buy the individual apps for the expansions? Are the expansions IAP with the base game?

I've always been intrigued but unsure as to where to start.
All content is in the main app, but you need to buy the expansion apps to enable them. Think of them as "standalone IAPs". (And you can play the expansions standalone too.)

The reason for this is twofold. The first is historical. When The Quest was originally released, there were no IAPs. The second is that Apple has the "Pay once and play" category. The Quest obviously belongs there but you can't have IAPs to be categorized as such.
06-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur0208 View Post
I have huge progress in Quest Classic. Will those expansion be available for Classic version, too?
Thor's Hammer is (and will be) only available for The Quest.

Zarista (well Catacomber mostly ) started updating their existing expansions. The first will be Hero of Lukomorye. I think they will go in order. So (hopefully) all expansions will become available for The Quest.

And any new expansions (created by Zarista or someone else) will only come to The Quest.
06-03-2017, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil / Redshift View Post
Thor's Hammer is (and will be) only available for The Quest.

Zarista (well Catacomber mostly ) started updating their existing expansions. The first will be Hero of Lukomorye. I think they will go in order. So (hopefully) all expansions will become available for The Quest.

And any new expansions (created by Zarista or someone else) will only come to The Quest.
That's fantastic news! I've been keeping my old Quest app but hoping everything would end up in the new app. It sounded like it wouldn't happen, but this sounds like there's a good chance it will, now. Thank you for the update! I'll be buying any expansions that come to this app and still looking forward to The Quest 2, too!