★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Suggestion Box (Direct feedback to Apple)

10-26-2009, 12:01 AM
#1
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,170
Suggestion Box (Direct feedback to Apple)

It would be really great if a new forum category could be created where all touchArcade members could submit (positive ideas) on how to improve iTunes or anything else that would improve the iPhone/iPod Touch experience.

A place where Apple employees can instantly scan for creative suggestions and solutions from the members of this forum.

I will give an example.

At the bottom of the gaming page on iTunes there is enough room to highlight an additional specific category of games. Please maximize the space and feature a third category of games! (Starting with "Number Puzzles" would be great)
10-26-2009, 01:16 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 1,170
Rating an app with a 5 or a 1,

should automatically post the persons iTunes id by forcing them to write a few words especially when deleting an app and rating it a 1. It is currently too easy to flood the rating system with 1's

This process would eliminate a lot of unjust 1 and 5 ratings of an app.

Rate an app 1 or 5 you must explain yourself with a few words.

Rate apps 2, 3 or 4 anonymously!

10-26-2009, 06:31 PM
#3
I agree with that! 1 star for sure should be required to comment!

Things tend to go better when you help them along…..
Developer of Flight Deck
10-26-2009, 06:46 PM
#4
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: UK / Toronto
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicated Puzzles View Post
Rate apps 2, 3 or 4 anonymously!
What difference would it make if everyone rated your app with a bunch of anonymous 2's instead of a bunch of anonymous 1's? Wouldn't '2' just become the new black? …… …uh, I mean the new '1'?
10-26-2009, 06:59 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by EssentialParadox View Post
What difference would it make if everyone rated your app with a bunch of anonymous 2's instead of a bunch of anonymous 1's? Wouldn't '2' just become the new black? …… …uh, I mean the new '1'?
True, but it would just make me feel better inside..... 1's are so cold and impersonal....

Things tend to go better when you help them along…..
Developer of Flight Deck
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
#6
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 977
Send a message via MSN to MindJuice Send a message via Skype™ to MindJuice
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman696 View Post
True, but it would just make me feel better inside..... 1's are so cold and impersonal....
A user should have to have a damn good reason for giving a 1 star rating.

Seriously, how can someone look at the effort that went into a game like Charmed or Flight Deck and say that it is a 1 star game? I see so many cases where great apps have 1 star ratings and they are just blatantly unfair.

geoDefense is a 1 star game? Really? Sorry...don't think so. Even if it is not your type of game, rating an app 1 star is really harsh. For me an app would have to be blatantly bad to rate it that low. Bad graphics, bad coding/crashes, and boring gameplay.
10-27-2009, 06:25 AM
#7
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: UK / Toronto
Posts: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindJuice View Post
A user should have to have a damn good reason for giving a 1 star rating.

Seriously, how can someone look at the effort that went into a game like Charmed or Flight Deck and say that it is a 1 star game? I see so many cases where great apps have 1 star ratings and they are just blatantly unfair.

geoDefense is a 1 star game? Really? Sorry...don't think so. Even if it is not your type of game, rating an app 1 star is really harsh. For me an app would have to be blatantly bad to rate it that low. Bad graphics, bad coding/crashes, and boring gameplay.
I agree completely, but it is also just, unfortunately, the way a lot of customers work… Either they like it, equalling 5 stars, or they don't like it, equalling 1 star. The app store could may as well just have a thumbs up/down system.

However most apps I see get 5 star ratings, but they're not all exactly the greatest games ever. Imagine if newspapers reviewed movies all with 5-star ratings. So I think the bias swings both ways. These are inherent problems with consumer group ratings, even more so on the internet, and particularly with games!

Last edited by EssentialParadox; 10-27-2009 at 06:28 AM.
10-27-2009, 07:15 AM
#8
what Id simply love to see is some way to communicate with users who rated YOUR app. I guess everyone has experienced it - some user posts in his/her review something about bugs, game not working, sound not loading etc. and as it is, there is simply no way to find out - who is this person, what device/OS he or she uses, nothing at all. sometimes you really want to ask - in what situations did that happen, did it happen before, anything like that. but no, not possible at all

we have a strange crash/freeze happening in our game (geoFighter) that users complain about but we have not been able to reproduce on 4 different devices... all we can do is make an update that would say "if you experience this bug - please do contact us". this is madness....