★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Rarebyte
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 28.1 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Lemming + Catapult = Fun

---- User Reviews ------
"It's a must-have! Never get bored! Challenge your friends!" -Meg1991

"This game is fun and entertaining. The gameplay is nice and relaxed and the graphics are amazing." -Pelican117

"A super fun and addicting app - should be number 1 app" -Tommy tomato3

------------------------

Nominated for the Content Award Vienna '09

TRAILER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi0Xje-adtM

------------------------

Catapult a cute lemming into the air and fly through a lot of different levels by using bouncing trampolines, rocket-propelled jetpacks and accelerometer air control! Use Timeshift(tm) to manipulate time and correct your flight path.

Become a godly aeronaut with your longest flights and send your lemmings to the Lemming Heaven, a highscore list containing lemmings from players all over the world. Unlock 12 unique levels, 18 different lemming skins and grow your lemming world as you are awarded with bronze, silver and gold medals.

Features at a glance:
- Unlock up to 18 lemming skins
- Show your skills in 12 levels in 7 stages
- Control your flight path via accelerometer
- Manipulate the time when something goes wrong by using Timeshift(tm)
- When your lemming dies, send it to Lemming Heaven (Global Highscores)
- Experience realtime physics
- Be rewarded with achievements
- Pilot your lemming to hit funny objects (trampoline, jetpack, ...)
- Avoid scary obstacles such as spikes or abyss
- Do not avoid those scary obstacles to see what happens...

------------------------

We appreciate your feedback sent to support@rarebyte.com!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

What's New In Version 1.1
Quote:
- Facebook Connect
- 3 Extra Levels
- Tons of Achievements
- Secret Mini Game
- Lots of fixes
10-26-2009, 05:08 AM
Impressions/reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
Just tried this out. Lol, definitely very funny stuff.

The premise - you have a lemming, and you need to launch it as far as possible.

The game includes a very nice tongue-in-cheek Instructions section that tells you exactly how to operate your lemming launching device, what obstacles are good, what are bad, and how to use the tilt during flight.

You will likely wind up launching your lemming over and over within a single level as you adjust the cannon to let you hit that first accelerator or trampoline and try to hit the gold medal level. The first levels are very much a tutorial in how to launch and use the good obstacles.

Pros:
-thorough Instructions section
-easy gameplay: slide up and down to move launcher up and down, slide left to increase launch velocity, slight right to decrease velocity, press big red button
-earn bronze, silver, and gold medals to unlock different map areas
-your lemming earns different, fun designations

Cons:
-cannot figure out how to enter info for high score table, can only view it now
-it seems like the lemming should bounce more when it hits the ground, it hits the ground like deflated basketball and isn't that exciting
-when you are adjusting the cannon, it is really easy to mess up the other axis: I mean if you are swiping up or down to adjust launch height, you will usually cause the power to move a millimeter or two and that can make a difference in your intended path
-I would like to see an achievements page where it leasts each designation you can receive and the requirements to get it so you can see how many you've earned and what you need to do to get the next one.
-I have the sounds and background music maxed, but both are still very quiet on my external speakers...I did verify my iphone's volume was at max, but the sounds and music were still very quiet.

Under the instructions for Jump Pad, it should read: "Lemmings are like little kids. They love trampolines to lengthen their air time."

Overall, this is a fun and amusing game. Easy to play, subtle humor, and cute graphics make for a very entertaining experience. As others have already said, well worth the 99 cent asking price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascor View Post
so, played it a bit and it's really fun! You select angle and power of you catapult and fire! In air you can make your fly time longer or shorter with tilt controls (a little bit like Yeti Sports). In air and on ground are diffrent objects, that speed you up or kill you . BTW, if you get killed or do something wrong, there is a timeshift mode (like Racedriver GRID) so you can do it again (without getting killed).
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
I received a code as well, THANK YOU DEV.

Must say this is a surprisingly fun little game. Seems to be a mixture of 'the cannon' (except you don't try to kill little guys) and 'ragdoll blast' (except you're not really solving puzzles per se).

I haven't tried out the rewind feature yet, just having too much fun launching the little squishy critter into the air.

But I must say, I'm not ashamed to admit that I wish the little guy would 'pop' in a not so politically correct way when he lands on the ground after an extensive flight attempt Take some of that 'bounce' out of it

Found a little issue, on the second stage, with the trampoline, if your little guy lands right underneath the trampoline (at least visually) , it will still count as him having landed right on top of it and continue, rather then 'die'.

so it looks like he's bouncing off the ground as if the ground was the trampoline.

anyway, this would definitely be worth the asking price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiania View Post
Thanks for the code! I'm really enjoying this game! Graphics and gameplay are well done. You control the catapult the lemming shoots out of, by adjusting the height and power. Once the lemming is flying in the air you control him with the accelerometer. There are items that can help you fly further like jet packs and trampolines but there are also things to avoid like spikes. I like how there is a time rewind option that you can activate to save your lemming from the spikes. If your lemming dies you can send it to heaven which is the global high score list. The list is unique in that you can click on a name and see pictures of the deceased lemmings with their stats (how far they went). There are 12 levels and a chance to win either bronze, silver, or gold on each level to unlock new skins for your lemmings. I like the unique levels instead of just one see how far you can get level. I hope even more levels will get added in future updates. I'm really having fun with this game, and I have no trouble recommending it at $.99. Leaving a review on iTunes now.

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-17-2010 at 04:31 AM.

10-26-2009, 05:37 AM
That looks funny!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
10-26-2009, 05:38 AM
I don't understand how this made it on to the app store, I thought it was a lemmings game!
10-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmar9333 View Post
I don't understand how this made it on to the app store, I thought it was a lemmings game!
me2...
10-26-2009, 06:32 AM
This isn't lemmings!!!!!!
10-26-2009, 06:36 AM
i was hoping for lemmings aswell
10-26-2009, 06:58 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iMick
Yeah, we want lemmings I was confused 2 by the name.

Game Center, Gameloft Live, Openfeint, Plus+, Cloudcell: Cr1m3n
10-26-2009, 07:32 AM
yeah but doesn't this game look insanely funny?

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
10-26-2009, 07:46 AM
they should have called it Lemmings Launcher...

...but yeah, I was hoping this "the" Lemmings game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.