★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: LOWERLANDER is the sequel to Flat Black's 2015 somewhat-acclaimed retro-rpg, Lowlander!

Yarak means business. She ain't got time for you! Get that armor on- there's adventuring to be done!

Generations after the mighty LOWLANDER vanquished the nefarious Azamon, a new villain has arisen. The evil enchantress, YARAK! The realm needs a new hero -- will you be the one?

Styled after the early Ultima games from Richard Garriott, Lowerlander will make your iPhone 7 Plus feel like an Apple II+. That's a good thing! Plus, Lowlander's new sibling packs the same one-handed portrait-style gameplay that sensible people prefer!

TouchArcade had this to say about the first ones shameless imitation of Ultima II: 4.5 stars ... Lowlander is an interesting case, because it's not often that a game paying direct homage to a classic is actually better than said classic. Unquestionably undeserved, but thats high praise!

FEATURES

- glorious one handed, portrait-style, retro-RPG action
- over 16 hours of minimalist adventure
- explore a huge world, gain experience and rise in power
- delve into dark dungeons for loot and riches
- three save-game slots
- save games to the cloud and download them later or to another device
- no in-app purchases. buy once, own forever
- special spell and environmental effects
- OVER 8 colors
- realistic moving water and lava

bsabiston's comments:

www.lowerlander.com
[/center]

Youtube link | Pop Up

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 37.2MB
06-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Tease!

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com/portfolio.html
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder

06-07-2017, 04:24 PM
Ha! Sorry -- if all goes well we'll launch for realz next Thursday.
06-07-2017, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsabiston View Post
Ha! Sorry -- if all goes well we'll launch for realz next Thursday.
great!!!
06-08-2017, 11:38 AM
If anyone's curious about the game, here's an interview I did for one of my beta testers: https://myboxeduniverse.wordpress.co...lms-interview/
06-14-2017, 04:48 PM
Hello All,

Lowerlander has launched! A bit early - I couldn't figure out how to time a rolling Thursday release after putting it into soft launch. Tomorrow I'll post some promo codes, since Thursday is our "official" release day.

Also anyone know how to get TA to change the title of this thread so it doesn't say soft-launch anymore?
06-14-2017, 07:32 PM
Bought the original, but couldn't get into it. I'm not a fan of games with food management. Constant near-starvation and lack of gold to address it = unfun. Is Lowlander II any better in this regard?
06-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Hey Oscar, I feel your pain. Lowerlander does not dispense with the food, but a conscious effort was made to make the second game smoother upon entry. That is, it is not as difficult to survive like the first, and so hopefully you would not experience the same frustration just fighting to stay alive.

In the first game, that was a nod to Ultima II's harsh difficulty. But having done that already, I'd rather people have more of a chance to get farther into the story with Lowerlander. If you decide to try it, drop a line here and let me know how it went.
06-14-2017, 08:13 PM
Cool, glad to hear you made the start a bit more forgiving! I'll give it a go. Thanks!
06-14-2017, 08:18 PM
Played the beta, bought the release. LOVE this game. The writing is great and the story is goofy but at the same time a true RPG story. Awesome big world to explore. Really loved it. Take the plunge!