Anyone having a issue restoring back to iOS 10?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by xxteargodxx, Jun 12, 2017.

1. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Male
    NJ
    #1 xxteargodxx, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    EDIT - I have gotten my iPad restored back to iOS 10.3.2 this is no longer an issue for me :)

So I'd first like to start off with I'm not a developer, and I curiously upgraded to the iOS 11 beta to check it out. And now after finding out my Sirius XM app isn't working (It worked in iOS 10) it just force closes now. I tried to go back to iOS 10 but can't seem to do it.

I'm 99% sure I made a backup to iCloud on iOS 10 before I upgraded to the beta.

I've tried on my iPad going to General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings but when it restored my iCloud backup for iOS 10 wasn't there. I have also tried plugging my iPad up to my PC and restoring using iTunes (PC is updated, I also restarted the iPad) and it just won't work.

The latest error I've got trying to restore in iTunes says "There was a problem downloading the software for the iPad "Nicholas's iPad". The requested resource was not found. I've even chosen a backup to restore from 9/2016 in iTunes but even doing that and letting it finished left me stuck with iOS 11 and fully charged and back at the home screen for 30 minutes now, NOTHING has re-downloaded yet. It all just says 'Waiting'

I'm going to call Apple tech support tomorrow and see what happens but I'm sure I am out of warranty and don't have Apple Care. So I may just be stuck with this until the official release but thought I'd post here in case anybody else has any ideas.