★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Thomas Young
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 40.0 MB
  • Version: 1.31
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Fowlst is an an action game about an owl who is trapped in Hell for some reason. Make your way through chamber after spooky chamber, smashing Demons and grabbing loot. Dodge bullets, battle huge bosses and try not to get chopped In half by a buzz saw. Trade your loot for sick powers like egg bombs and rockets so you can really show those demons whos boss!

* Unlimited stages that are different every time you play.
* Simple controls: touch the left side of the screen to hop left, right side to hop right, swipe up to use the itemyou are holding.
* Smash demons in half!
* Buzz saws! Turbines! Tubes! Stalactites!
* Big ol' bosses!
* Loot!
* Shoot rockets out of your behind!
* Fowlst!
* Hooray!
06-13-2017, 01:37 AM
Seeing a (to me) unknown Dev with ten unknown (and not at all appealing) games in my app store, i'd call this "a brave TOFTT"

All i can think of - Downwell and Flappy Bird have a child - Fowlst. My addictive one-more-try is given with a nice chiptune, the controls hold up greatly, some uprades to work for (quite a while), but with every game you'll get better and you'll earn more as well.

My only complaint are the boring and waisted seconds in some stages until the first enemy finally appears. I guess that could be easily adressed in an update.

Definitely worth my time and my two bucks.

Edit: as soon as you honed your skills a bit, you'll earn enough to upgrade your stuff quite quickly. Also, the prices don't raise as much as in most other games.
An option (pay some coins) to start directly from level 11/21/... would be helpful for advanced players. It's a bit tedious to start from scratch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1998.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	114702  

Last edited by Qwertz555; 06-13-2017 at 05:58 AM.

06-13-2017, 03:01 AM
It's pretty awesome so far, lots of action to keep you going. Simple yet challenging fun

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Death Road To Canada is a nonstop thrill ride that will crack u up, haven't changed my signature since 2011 but this is worth it http://Death Road to Canada by Rocke...re/us/dfWqdb.i
06-13-2017, 07:41 AM
This is a perfect realization of some crazy concept. It shouldn't work as well as it does, but it really, really does. Haven't been able to put this down for an hour straight. I wish some sort of campaign mode could be added, or for a sequel, because this is just so much fun.

Everyone's favorite chamber of death, doom and decomposition.
06-13-2017, 11:08 AM
This is a nice surprise this week. Really great. Metalcasket said it best, except I love the random stages for replayability.
06-13-2017, 01:00 PM
From the freaking awesome intro down to the gameplay this is MY TYPE OF GAME! Might elaborate more after work but why are the leaderboards so bare??! Last time I checked - 29 people....
06-13-2017, 03:02 PM
Send a message via AIM to Oats Send a message via MSN to Oats
Super Fun game; and I haven't even battled a boss yet! 🤣
Premium and well worth the 2 bucks asking price 👍🏽

Edit: Rocket upgrade is a "homing rocket!" 🤘🏽

Last edited by Oats; 06-13-2017 at 03:15 PM.
06-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Send a message via AIM to Oats Send a message via MSN to Oats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
Seeing a (to me) unknown Dev with ten unknown (and not at all appealing) games in my App Store
Wha?! They're the makers of Cat Puncher!
Not the greatest game with replay value, but the visuals were purr-fect!! 😂

But, yeah agree on the upgrades. The game picks up once you have these and live long enough to fight boses 👍🏽

Very fun game; I can see a lot of replay value on FOWLST
06-13-2017, 06:02 PM
Gameplay Video?
06-13-2017, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggavelli View Post
Gameplay Video?
See TA's front page article.