★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pinch n' pop is on sale at $0.99 ... Is it worth it?

12-30-2008, 05:59 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Pinch n' pop is on sale at $0.99 ... Is it worth it?

Hi just saw this in the TA new games and sales section i might pick this one up if it's really worth it so tell me

Alphabetic is also in sale at .99 which one of the two is the best?
12-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Well the developer told iPhone users on YouTube that he didn't believe in dropping/raising the price of his apps, so this may be a one time opportunity. :P

I'd definitely get it. I bought it at $4 and it was all right, but I think it's a great deal at just a buck.

It's very original too, so that's a plus.

[Edit] I don't have Alphabetic, so I don't know if it's any good, but I still think I'd go with my decision of Pinch 'n' Pop! Hope that helps!

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

Last edited by istopmotion; 12-30-2008 at 06:07 PM.

12-30-2008, 06:05 PM
I also bought it at $4 and i reckon it was worth it. Very fun, but just another beat your high score game.
12-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
Well the developer told iPhone users on YouTube that he didn't believe in dropping/raising the price of his apps, so this may be a one time opportunity. :P

I'd definitely get it. I bought it at $4 and it was all right, but I think it's a great deal at just a buck.

It's very original too, so that's a plus.
+1. I also bought it for $4, I think it's very unique and polished. I was the one asking the question on YouTube ...

/l、
(゚、
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
12-30-2008, 06:11 PM
didnt really enjoy this game as much as the previous posts... i wouldnt waste my time if i were you...
12-30-2008, 06:15 PM
I've been hoping this goes on sale, and watching the gameplay video again, I'm definitely picking it up for a buck!

Oy! What are you playing at!

Current favs: The Incident, Chopper 2, Doodle God, Carcassonne
Classics: iFighter, Canabalt, Meteor Blitz, Zombieville USA, Minigore
12-30-2008, 06:21 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by istopmotion View Post
No, he said no yo-yo pricing, so this will be the last sale for a while on Pinch N Pop. By June or July, we should be able to determine hot sale times based on the last year, so I'll just do those.
12-30-2008, 07:01 PM
I was hoping to sync up this sale with the new v1.2 release (in review) but Apple had other plans... The v1.2 update adds more robust local highscores (which you'll be able to upload to the global tracker in the next release) and tweaks the gameplay with more powerups and quicker level-ups to help keep things interesting.

Please note - Pinch 'n Pop! is a somewhat experimental twitch/arcade game that looks like a puzzle game, and some brainy-puzzle-game fans really despise it (and I mean hate-mail despise it!) The goal is indeed to get a highscore, but some folks just pinch everything in sight, hit 50,000 points and think they've done well when they've actually failed miserably. These same folks then proclaim the game is absent of strategy and requires no skill when they've simply failed to play strategically. I've tried to address this in the v1.2 update with highscore targets and better help pages, and will continue to add incentives that encourage strategic gameplay but I know I can't (and won't) please everyone.

And yes, the 99 cent sale is a move of desperation. I'll be weary of trying to innovate for my next game and/or fart app

SHREDD GO FAST! FREE!
Nozoku Rush Kick Math's Ass!
Critter Panic Break yer brain! FREE!
Silverfish & Silverfish MAX Hardcore arcade insanity!
Nozoku A casual game of math & logic.
More: cbox.me Twitter YouTube
12-30-2008, 07:02 PM
The novelty of pinch n pop wore off quickly, at least for me. The graphics are great though.
12-30-2008, 07:11 PM
I just purchased it on the quality of the graphics alone.