★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

♛ KiNG RABBIT 2 ♛

06-14-2017, 11:50 AM
♛ KiNG RABBIT 2 ♛

We are officially making King Rabbit 2. Over the last few months we have been experimenting with a few game prototypes but nothing really “stuck”. It's very important for us to work on a game that we can be passionate about long-term. King Rabbit is our flagship product, the best thing we've made, and something we still enjoy working on. We feel there’s still so much that could be done to make King Rabbit the ultimate puzzle-platforming experience. Here are some of our plans:

Cross-platform

King Rabbit is only on iOS and hundreds of people have asked us if it will be coming to Android, we can finally say we are! We feel that the gameplay simplicity of King Rabbit will work perfectly on PC and Console. We haven't committed to a particular console, but King Rabbit feels like a good fit for the Nintendo brand!

A better community

We’ve only scratched the surface in terms of building a strong community. You saw the first of this with the level builder update where you can build and share your levels. This can all be improved, first we need to define what we want to achieve with our community:

* Create a thriving ecosystem that provides constant value and enjoyment.
* Make players more visible, provide a platform to thrive and build a reputation.
* Give players the tools to create their own stories and challenges
* Allow players to follow, unite, and connect with others.

Refined and pure

Its important that we keep the core of the game the same, so you can expect similar gameplay.

We will be changing the implementation from Cocos2d to Unity. Porting to unity requires re-coding the whole game. This is a huge undertaking but will allow us to publish on multiple platforms. Porting the game allows us to refine every aspect. Re-architecting the game will give us a strong foundation and allow us to add more items and mechanics. In terms of art, we will move away from the retro feel and adopt something more smooth and modern. The animations and visual effects will all improve.

Your feedback is important!

Your feedback and support is a form of fuel for us. A sincere thank you to all of our fans over the past few years, you are the reason this is all happening. We are still very early in the development process, and we want to hear your thoughts. Now is the best time to pour your heart out and let us know what your dream for King Rabbit looks like.

We will post progress pics here. Release date TBD, mid to late 2018 is our best guess.

Making apps and taking naps since 2013. Protect the sloths and the environment.

Flagship game: King Rabbit

Prequel: Furdemption

twitter | website | facebook

Last edited by RareSloth; 06-14-2017 at 11:54 AM.
06-14-2017, 01:02 PM
Cross platform King Rabbit? Sign me up. Let the fur fly

Game center:dreadnokv1/ Twitter:@dreadnokv1
Death Road To Canada is a nonstop thrill ride that will crack u up, haven't changed my signature since 2011 but this is worth it http://Death Road to Canada by Rocke...re/us/dfWqdb.i

06-14-2017, 01:52 PM
Wow that's great news that your going to do that and able to do it. I suck at the harder levels of the game lol but it doesn't stop me liking the game.

Will certainly buy it whenever it's released.
06-14-2017, 04:28 PM
I want in.

Current Recommendations: Blocky Farm, Morphite, Cat Quest, Pocket Build
06-15-2017, 03:00 AM
I only found King Rabbit and Furdemption, recently. I though Furdemption was a sequel to King Rabbit 1. Will be interested in this. I hope it is a paid game, like Furdemption, and not free-to-play with IAP.
06-15-2017, 05:36 AM
Great news! Butt-kickin' bunnies FTW!
06-15-2017, 07:02 AM
If it isn't our beloved Raresloths! Looking forward to the next game guys. Hope to see more than just bunnies this time. Time to get the animal kingdom in on this awesomeness!

Visit us on our website.

Check out our iOS Editor's Choice games

UNWYND
Blyss

---

Follow us on @DropoutGames
06-29-2017, 03:47 PM

07-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Playing with some Trixels!

07-06-2017, 07:18 AM
I don't know how you Rare Sloth guys can keep coming up with new puzzles for the levels! Furdemption is hands down one of my favourite iOS games, and the only reason I haven't gotten stuck in to King Rabbit is because the first one became a complete time sink for me (think I'm still in the top 10 for overall time!).

You'd be a great fit for Nintendo's handhelds (I have a Switch myself), provided the console snobs don't turn their noses up at one of the greatest puzzle games of the past few years because it began on mobile. That said, can physical controls be as fast as swipes for the speed runners?

Good luck with KR2.

2018 GOTY nominations: You're joking, right? I'm still playing games I got in 2015...
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589