AppOnboard?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by SpinUpApp, Jun 16, 2017.

1. SpinUpApp

SpinUpApp Member

May 18, 2017
    Software Developer
    Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area
    Hi,

I just launched an app (SpinUp : Original) in the Apple App Store. It's doing very well, and I'm especially stoked because it's my very first release.

Somebody reached out to me via LinkedIn today. He told me that he's from a company called AppOnboard, and he said that they work with developers to incorporate interactive advertisements into apps. Right now I'm using Unity Ads. What's the catch with AppOnboard? Will I earn more revenue? Do they reach out to every developer here that posts their app?

Thanks in advance

2. curiousaaron

curiousaaron Member

Feb 27, 2017
    Art Department Head
    Nampa, ID
    #2 curiousaaron, Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    It could be a real person. More likely an automated email. Yes, they "reach out" to every developer they can find contact info for.

If you don't think it's going to detract from your app or be too difficult to implement, do an A/B test and see if you make more money. I don't think there's any more of a "catch" to AppOnboard than other services. The catch is always that you're the little guy (unless you're Zynga) and can't control whether or not it works out well for you.

Don't be afraid to try stuff and find what does work!